• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emblems and fasteners

rockdog2112

Reaction score
I just received the "440" emblems for my 69 RR from Jegs. The look great but came with no fasteners. The old "383" emblems that are coming off had what we used to call "speed nuts". I don't think that's the proper name. Anyways, it looks like I need some. Anyone know what they are really called and where I can get some? Also, the posts on the new emblems are not threaded as were the originals. I'm not sure what to use.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I THINK the speed nuts cuts threads when you put them on.

moparchris

Reaction score
I found them at ACE hardware here in California. Pretty generic nut, I bet there is a fastener specialty near you that has a million of them in stock. Its called a speed nut like you thought.

pro-streeter

Reaction score

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Any good body shop supplier will have them. A well stocked NAPA store should have them too.

cj69RR

Reaction score
I've got them at both ACE and Lowes, seen them at Home Depot also. Just take one emblem in with you and get the ones that fit.

Back