• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emblems

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, who is the resident '69 RR emblem guru here? I'm looking at new door emblems for my RR. There are numerous NOS pieces available on E-Bag. They all are advertised as "stick-on"...yet my car has holes in the doors where the emblems go...for what I imagine is a bolt-on, speed nut type of application. What gives?

Anyone buy any of the reproductions? Quality? How do they attach? What about for the deck lid?

Any thoughts and or suggestions will be appreciated.

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would look for the studded ones, do you have your old ones? They are easy to redo if the chrome is good.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I would look for the studded ones, do you have your old ones? They are easy to redo if the chrome is good.

Nope. She was in primer and already stripped when I brought her home...
:(

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would still go with the repop stud, then there is no guessing on where they go. I have seen them and they look good!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, don't know how much I want to trust a 20, 30 or 40 year old adhesive strip...

Same script for the deck lid, correct?

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I would still go with the repop stud, then there is no guessing on where they go. I have seen them and they look good!

The sticker ones are OEM for the volare style road runners , same size and script . dealers sold them way into the 80's and early 90 's for the 69-70 applications . I have a ton of the studded style sets but nothing super nice .

John69RR

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Yeah, don't know how much I want to trust a 20, 30 or 40 year old adhesive strip...

Same script for the deck lid, correct?
Yes, deck lid was the same.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:

The sticker ones are OEM for the volare style road runners , same size and script . dealers sold them way into the 80's and early 90 's for the 69-70 applications . I have a ton of the studded style sets but nothing super nice .

Yep, they were superceded to that newer part as were the bird decals.

They also will sit just a little bit higher then the studed ones because of the adhesive. If you had some old ones to use as a pattern, you might be able to drill and tap holes to add studs in new emblems.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably give the repops a try...don't want the Volare versions...thanks for sparing me from that mistake...

:thumbsup:
ACME

droptop

Reaction score
Not sure when they went from the pin type to the stick on type, but it was before the Volare Road Runners. Most of the Volares' used decals and not emblems. I think it was '73 when they were changed to stick on, but not for sure about that. My '75 uses stick ons. The repo pin type are very nice. You will need 3 sets, as the deck lid takes the same.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm looking for the studded repops and find them at Penstar Reproductions. $39.00 for one set, "road" & "runner". Not too bad. Checked out the Paddock just for giggles; $110.95 for a set!!! WHAT A RIP-OFF!!! I have never cared those guys since they shut down the Largo facility and fired Chuck West... Funny that they still use pictures of that building in their advertising even though they haven't been there in years...

rant over...
:loco:
ACME

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
So I'm looking for the studded repops and find them at Penstar Reproductions. $39.00 for one set, "road" & "runner". Not too bad. Checked out the Paddock just for giggles; $110.95 for a set!!! WHAT A RIP-OFF!!! I have never cared those guys since they shut down the Largo facility and fired Chuck West... Funny that they still use pictures of that building in their advertising even though they haven't been there in years...

rant over...
:loco:
ACME
When I first got my car I was checking all the vendors and their prices. It didn't take much to see that the Paddock was by far the most expensive company out there. It's a wonder that they are still in buisness.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
As coincidences happen, I was in our office yesterday and we were talking about the company that built all the emblems for the car makers. Since most cars have plastic emblems, the company has survived by making Harley tank emblems. One of my business partners was their plant manager for a few years.

He gave me a Viper emblem that was a reject and I have it hanging on my cork board in my home office.

Anyway... that company is for sale. You could buy them and produce your own!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Try Firestone Collectibles E-Bay store. I believe plastic repops are $12. and nos are $50. Save the enviroment and go blue

Back