• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine compartment 440 1970

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to fix up the engine compartment
Need to find more correct things like:
Emissions decal
Yellow rad decal.
My car was built September 69, I know there’s a late emissions decal and an early.
Plastic looms for washer bottle hose “the white plastic ones"
should i change the valve covers to the orange ones or paint wrinkle black? I do like the orange ones better.
what about my air cleaner?
My air grabber was added, so it has the wrong air cleaner, wondering if i should leave it alone or not?
Heater core is disconnected so theres that too.
I did order a washer pump motor and battery hold down, id love to take the manifolds out and have them cleaned up i will add better pic later
thx for your input

IMG_5959.jpeg

IMG_5947.jpeg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Under hood strap kit form parts mix. has the white straps that hold wires and other hoses. Work with a clip through the inner fenders. Can see some of them in the pic.IMG_0103 (4).JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes, a lot of work but with the right straps and ties you can do a decent job. LOL Oh sand blasted my exhaust Manifolds then painted them with product from Eastwood for heat exhaust.

mopar jack

Reaction score
If you have a build sheet, under labels you will find the correct number for the emission and tire pressure decals.

back seat build sheet.jpg

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
I got the correct emissions decal coming, There’s an early and a late not sure where the tire pressure decal goes Thx!

Last edited:
Back