• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine compartment clean up... update

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
Roadcuda said:
I also used rattle can paint when I cleaned up the engine compartment on my Barracuda. I got the paint from Paint Scratch, it wasn't a perfect match but was very close.
And by using a "rattle can" you can get those fractory runs in the paint. :acme:
THAT IS SO TRUE

mcmopar

Reaction score
That's very true. When mine started to run the first time I nearly freaked out but then remembered that it had runs in the factory finish so I didn't mind so much. The nice thing about the paint they whipped up for me, though, was that it was a solvent base paint. Once I would get a run (I was going a bit too fast and putting on heavier coats than I should have) I would wait about 5 minutes and then spray on a very light coat over the run. Being that it had a solvent base it would dissolve the fresh paint and smooth out the run. I still have a few runs here and there but not as many as I would have had. :thumbsup:

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Re: Engine compartment clean up... update (new pics)

So updated progress pictures.... Shes coming along..... Mostly electrical stuff, some patch work on the originaly engine harness, splice in the wires for the electronic ignition. Then a few plumbing jobs, and then with some luck she will get fired up.......

Collin

Reaction score
Looks great, really makes the engine paint and exhaust manifolds POP. Very cool.

Back