• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine paint

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Don't know where else to ask.
I found one more leak! 383RRE
My passenger side valve cover was leaking. While removing it, I scratched it in a couple of spots.
Went to auto store and purchased VHT high temp engine enamel the same I used when I first painted the engine.
After prepping, re-panting, installing, stepping back to see what a great job I did, I noticed it's a shade brighter. Ugh! I know, should have bought more of the first lot. I thought I bought enough extra but had already used it up on the tranny when I had to replace my ring-gear on the flywheel.
(I know this is wishful)
? After time is the new paint going to match existing?
I would much rather stay with original valve covers but if I can't match, option, might have to go with those fancy chrome and black Mopar covers.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Oh! yeah, it's what I'd needed to hear. An answer to agree with my hopes.
Good news is, I fixed the leak. After 50 years of over tightening the holes needed to hammered back to kinda original.
Thanks for responding.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
I got my hands on some engine paint locally, had it pressed I to a couple cans. went on real bright, definitely darkened after getting fired up and ran a few times.

Back