• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Paint

mcmopar

Reaction score
The best engine paint I've used is by Restomotive Laboratories, the makers of POR-15. Their engine paints are extremely durable with an extremely high solids content. They do take days to dry but once dried you can't get it off unless you use DOT 3 brake fluid. It will easily stand up to any carb spray I've hit it with. You can spray it on or brush it on. Check out thier website http://www.por15.com/

sam z

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip...I've been wondering the same thing. Good to know that there
is a product you can brush on instead of fighting the spray can in the tight spaces.

jays69bird

Reaction score
POR makes some great items especially if your restoring a car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Plymouthfan said:
I used U-Tech 3.8 single stage. I wouldn't waste my time with a base/clear on an engine. Go with a heavy duty single stage, I think it'll hold up much better over time.

http://www.akzonobelcarrefinishes.net/d ... 95&pid=452

I've heard real good reports about the U-Tech paint. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm... One of the Engineers that I call on at DAL is married to an Akzo Nobel Sales Rep. I wonder if he could get us some "free samples"...in a specific color and quantity...???!!!

If it's free, it's for me... :lol:

I'll check it out and get back to you...

:jester:
ACME aka "Looks like I need to go visit Delta again sometime soon..."

Back