• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust tip hanger on 68-70 RR

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I like it. Are you concerned with the tip not having a clam on it. Just asking. Think with the hanger it will be secure. Know you don't want to scratch the chrome. Russ.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
I like it. Are you concerned with the tip not having a clam on it. Just asking. Think with the hanger it will be secure. Know you don't want to scratch the chrome. Russ.
Dumb ass year one sent only 1 for $50
I have to call and either get a second 1 shipped or if it’s 1 for $50 return it and buy straight from dales cuda shop for $52 for a pair . Yearones wording said “hangers” so I thought it was for a pair, have to call the basturds today to find out. But yes pretty secure would like to get tack welded tho. And put on hangers on. Good eye Russ!
Johnny!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No don't weld near the chrome unless you use a welding blanket and wet it down. Don't want to ruin the chrome or blue it. Yes and year one is really high on their shipping. Just like classic. The sipping is higher than the part sometimes. That is what kill's me. I ordered the frame bumper stops for the rear axel not to hit the frame. Instead of them being pyramid shaped they where rounded at top. Said for 67- 70. The don't come with mounting bracket. But these did so put them on. Can always change them at some latter date. After seeing all you have done to the car in the past month's thinking you can take the for sale sign off of it and just enjoy your labor for a while. I think how many people you know have a Runner after all. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2: :lol:

Rich B

Reaction score
967B381A-CC1C-48FC-ABA7-63DCBBA4456D.jpeg Looks clean, so was able to fit new ends into existing tubing? A pipe expander can enlarge a pipe enough for one into the other. I’ve found on cars connections don’t seem to be in right order. Meaning not as a stove pipe install; as next pipe always goes outside over preceding.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
View attachment 28585 Looks clean, so was able to fit new ends into existing tubing? A pipe expander can enlarge a pipe enough for one into the other. I’ve found on cars connections don’t seem to be in right order. Meaning not as a stove pipe install; as next pipe always goes outside over preceding.
Used adapter,
Actually the tips on a 70 B body went into the pipe

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So what is the plan this week John. I am still working on my leaf spring's. Man every thing is so slow. Now have to work on my 2010 ford ranger the darn thermostat body is leaking cooling fluid. What a joke all plastic. They say it was glued together and that is where it starts to leak. Man that is why I like the older car's every thing was steel and no plastic part's. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Yeah some of the newer stuff is weird
No plans this week
I did the shocks and sway bar bushings and end links , drives good

So what is the plan this week John. I am still working on my leaf spring's. Man every thing is so slow. Now have to work on my 2010 ford ranger the darn thermostat body is leaking cooling fluid. What a joke all plastic. They say it was glued together and that is where it starts to leak. Man that is why I like the older car's every thing was steel and no plastic part's. Russ. :thumbsup2:

48910B10-5F0B-4F51-AA79-85758EEAD9FA.jpeg

E71D71F6-E7B3-4CE5-B1C4-D06F32BC346A.jpeg

B0BA1F24-1531-423F-9054-DE55977358BA.jpeg

Big Mo

Reaction score
I got my tail pipes out and took a look at them. I had my local shop make a set not long before I started the rebuild 2001. They have been laying in my shop and have surface rust. I don't know if I should clean them or not. They will just rust again when back on the road. john I know how those tips dress up the car. That will look great.

IRON MAN

Reaction score
I need exhaust hangers for my 1970 roadrunner where do I buy these and I need all of them because my car was a drag car everything is missing. Any help would be great thank you in advance.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ECS Automotive Concepts or Accurate Exhaust are good sources. Both have webpages with everything listed.

69bfan

Reaction score
We manufacture all of the brackets and hardware for the exhaust system. We are also making the tips now to be assembly line correct with the bracket being spot welded to the tip as they were back in the day. We also have done the loop style hemi muffler hangers as well.
https://www.dalescudashop.com/19roexti.html

66_70 B Muffler 1.jpg

Back