• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory AM Radio or CD Player?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
Well, even non working AM radios are worth $$ these days.

you've got that right.
i thought
i'd pick p a "$10" AM last year at The Nats, but couldn't find any cheap ones.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's not bad at all. wonder where I could put the flat screen though... :huh:

jays69bird

Reaction score
I had a Sony casesett player back in the day,when I redid the interior I put in an am for static display,I have a cd player I was thinking about installing since I don't go to shows other than cruise ins anymore.Year one has a plate but its pricey for what it is.I looked at the coversions for the am last time I was at Carlise but they wanted big bucks.I know the blue oval and bow tie crowd can get stereos that fit in the stock dashes I think the company is USA 1,heck even my wife's 51 hornet they make a modern radio that even has the Hudson name on it and its not badly priced,ya think someone would have Chrysler applications as popular as the Chrysler cars have become.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hornet.... wouldn't mind seeing that.......(hint hint)...:redx:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Couldn't get @#$%* scanner to work,this image is off the British Motorcycle club's website,when I was restoring my 73 Triumph.jaystiger1.jpg those are triumph cycle parts drying,in case your wondering.

jays69bird

Reaction score
You might as well see the other one,this is my 36 Hudson Terraplane.100_0375.jpg These both belonged to my Dad,I bought the 36 after he passed,4 yrs. later the wife bought the 51,currently I have the motor tore down on the 51.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jays69bird, those are some nice rides! You should consider starting a thread in the pictures section to showcase them...just a thought...

:jester:
Ray

mac

What ?
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
You might as well see the other one,this is my 36 Hudson Terraplane.100_0375.jpg These both belonged to my Dad,I bought the 36 after he passed,4 yrs. later the wife bought the 51,currently I have the motor tore down on the 51.

i love that era of autos. i am currently working on a 1941 buick business coupe.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mac, you doing a resto, a restification, or going the hot rod route with the Buford?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
jays69bird, those are some nice rides! You should consider starting a thread in the pictures section to showcase them...just a thought...

Ray

that's a great idea......you know...for the picture hounds on this site... :D

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Those are great lookin' cars. My brother in law has had many Hudsons over the years. For a long time my sister was driving a '53 as a daily driver. They also had a late '40s Hudson convert for a while. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Hey Mac, you doing a resto, a restification, or going the hot rod route with the Buford?

Inquiring minds want to know...

i have made promises to keep the car original. no rat rods for me.

IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
those are beautiful guys. I'd love to have a '55 New Yorker or '56 Imperial like Dad had. But I could be persuaded into a Hornet.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I saw a 41 Hudson last weekend with FACTORY AIR! The air conditioning unit was the width of the trunk! I have pix, but haven't downloaded them yet.

My old 46....
topperstruck.jpg

I'd kill for a late 20's, early 30's era car

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
My old 46....
topperstruck.jpg

My dad has a '46 half ton. Red, with a 273-4 and a 904. Aspen front clip and a 8.75" out back. I bought it for him in 1988. Paid $400 for it, and it came with a COMPLETE '67 Barracuda parts car that had been totaled back in '69 or '70. Now you know where the 273 came from... Found it in the classified ads in Wichita, KS. The guy had it and the lil 'cuda stored in an aircraft hangar outside of town since '73. It was dusty, but complete and ROCK SOLID. Dragged everything home to him in the spring of '88 and he had the 273 in it and on the road that summer. He added the F-body front clip a couple of years later to get disks, power steering, and better driving characteristics. No pics. Sorry.

Ray

Back