• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Body Seam?

xyzz46

Reaction score
I was working this weekend on stripping the paint off to see what I would find underneath (especially under the vinyl roof) and I came across this seam (see pics) on the rear roof pillar that I thought was a patch panel at first but it's on both sides and looks to be factory made? If its factory you would think it would have been filled with lead.
Jeff

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Top seam is factory, bottom seam isn't.

That is where most body shops cut and welded the quarters when replacing them so they didn't have to mess with the rear window. Unless you're replacing the quarters, clean it up and forget about it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Unless you're replacing the quarters, clean it up and forget about it.

Listen to the Bricklin Dude - he's nailed it once again... :thumbsup:

:jester:

xyzz46

Reaction score
I need to redo the bottom patch panel since it was poorly done on the right side, they lapped the two pieces, threw in a couple of rivets and splattered some weld over the seam. I plan on cutting the seam and welding it flush. What did they fill the upper factory seam with?
Jeff

Back