• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Dash Tachometer

TOMRR

Reaction score
001%2017.jpg

Can some one tell be which one of the post on this dash tachometer is the ground and which is coil . The wiring harness that I got from year one for a 69 dash Tachometer, not one wire color matches the instructions

Attachments

• 001%2017.jpg
    001%2017.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1

tedv

Reaction score

dvader

Reaction score
I have the factory tach out of my 69 right now and the housing looks different than what you have pictured. The grey trigger wire was attached to the terminal with the spade connector and the blue 12V from the fuse box to the other terminal. The other three bolts on mine hold the housing to the tach. Go to http://www.performancecargraphics.com/images/Catalog/Catalog3.pdf for a good picture and information.

outlet1265

Reaction score
tach.jpg

The black (left upper) wire is a ground, the brown (right upper) is a the - side of the coil, orange wire (center) 12v switched? This is the factory wiring.
Hope this helps.

tach.jpg

TOMRR

Reaction score
Thanks So Much !!!! That Really Was A Big Help !!!

Tom C.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Good to know as I plan to add the factory tach to my dash and remove the large clunky one from atop the steering wheel.

Back