• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Undercoating

RR383

Reaction score
For the 70 model year what would have been the color of the undercoating for Lynch Road vehicles?

RR383

Reaction score
Undercoat was black the same as in the wheel wells. If you are after the original look Resto Rick has a good product, it is a bit pricey.
http://www.restorick.com/products.asp?cat=11

Really, I spoke with a Mopar RR owner from Wisconsin yesterday and he told me flat out with no hesitation the factory color was silver. I was also told it was only an option...and most left w/o it. So there is different schools of thought...thanks

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Never saw a single Roadrunner, or any other Mopar for that matter, that had factory silver undercoating.

There was primer color towards the center of the floorpan and body color on the rest for cars that weren't undercoated underneath, but never silver undercoating.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm with John, they had a gray dip primer and body over spray similar to my picture. If you got factory or dealer undercoat it is black rubberized tar as in my second picture. Are you asking about under coat or the color of a non under coated car.

roadrunner restoration 798.jpg

roadrunner restoration 355.jpg

Last edited:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I have to go with Big John on this as my Runner has the under coating on it from side to side and front to back.

The only place the grey primer is seen on my car was when I replaced the gas tank and it was like it was just painted.

RR383

Reaction score
Thanks as always...btw my runner has undercoating on it and appears to have been there for quite sometime...just saying. People get argumentative about if it was put there to hide something...etc. I say if your bird has it (undercoating) more than likely it saved it.

Back