• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Father -- Son

69rr4406p

Reaction score
So I finally have some time to sit down and start this thread. As most of you know from my “in the Family” intro posting this car has been in the family since 1969. It has been sitting since 1995. My father and I agreed to wrench together and get it back on the road to enjoy. I live in AZ and he lives in WA where the car is located, so I will be flying up every other month or so to work on it. This is an original 383 4-sp car, but has been through a few engines and trannys. Data plate is missing. We just want to make it a fun cruiser, so we plan on putting in a 440 with a six pack set up, upgrade all the brakes to disk and update other items like interior, exhaust, body, and other fun things that need work. Of course this is all subject to change as we continue to talk through ideas.

RR1.jpg
Where it has sat for the past 18 years.

RR2.jpg
Had to pull her up onto the trailer

RR3.jpg
Strapped up, hooked up and ready to go.

RR4.jpg
All well and good.

RR5.jpg
Do you see the rope tied to the front, we were easing it off making sure not to use the brakes. I was afraid they would lock up.

RR6.jpg
Runaway Bird!!

69rr4406p

Reaction score
RR7.jpg
In the shop

RR8.jpg
First thing first, out with the motor

RR9.jpg
Almost done

RR10.jpg
*Whew*

RR11.jpg
Love old cars, quick breakdown.

RR12.jpg
Quick check to see what we have to work with. All is good, going .20 over

69rr4406p

Reaction score
So that’s where we are at so far. My next visit will be updating the brakes and front end. That will probably be around Nov. We are still talking through the what type of goodies we want to put in the engine.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
You got agood start on a nice "Bird".

Keep the progress reports coming and pictures to.:thumbsup:

hemi68charger

Reaction score
Awesome project, love the color.......... What's the intentions? OEM stock restoration or mod's?

69rr4406p

Reaction score
O.K. I got up to WA for a couple of days. Didn't get all the parts in we had hoped by now, so we did some more disassembly and I did some cleaning. We found a few things as well.

RR13.jpg
Excited to see a Broadcast sheet, Unfortunately it does not belong to our car. Have a Roadrunner ending in 77777?

RR14.jpg
Cleaned out the glovebox. It's like a time capsule.

RR15.jpg
Out with the interior.

RR16.jpg
I was kind of bummed, no loose change or anything...

RR17.jpg
I'm 42 and still on clean up duty. Some degreaser and elbow grease

RR18.jpg
Getting there.

Next update will be in JAN sometime. Hope to have some suspension parts to put in. Stay tuned

inri

Reaction score
O.K. I got up to WA for a couple of days. Didn't get all the parts in we had hoped by now, so we did some more disassembly and I did some cleaning. We found a few things as well.

RR13.jpg
Excited to see a Broadcast sheet, Unfortunately it does not belong to our car. Have a Roadrunner ending in 77777?

RR14.jpg

RR15.jpg
Out with the interior.

RR16.jpg

RR17.jpg

RR18.jpg
Getting there.

Next update will be in JAN sometime. Hope to have some suspension parts to put in. Stay tuned

Wow you sure as heck did a cleaning job on the engine compartment! It looks beautiful!! Do you also do homes? J/P :)

Glad to see forward progress on your car! Keep us updated.

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
Nice ride love the color. Hope you and your dad have a great time. Keep the pics coming.

Roadcuda

Reaction score

RR13.jpg

RR14.jpg

RR15.jpg
Out with the interior.

RR16.jpg

RR17.jpg

RR18.jpg
Getting there.

You could send the Broadcast Sheet to this guy. http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-2.shtml The owner of that car, if it still exists, might find it there.

Back