• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Father -- Son

69rr4406p

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Dad got the engine packed up and took it to the engine builder. I started to change out the brakes. Still plugging away, we hope to get the motor back soon.

RR25.jpg
Motor and goodies packed up heading to the builder.

RR26.jpg
Before

RR27.jpg
After

RR28.jpg
It's nice to start rebuilding and putting on new parts.

Hope your all doing well and enjoying the summer. More posts soon.

Kelly

69rr4406p

Reaction score
Its been a little while since I visited my dad. I made it up to WA last weekend and we did some more work.

More parts came in and I spend some time getting everything organized.

RR%2029.jpg
Rear Drum

RR%2030.jpg
New rear disks

RR%2033.jpg
Out with the old and in with the new.

RR%2031.jpg
Roached. I need a new one for the boom'n AM radio

RR%2032.jpg
Super excited to get the motor back from the builder. Our pocket book is a lot lighter.

A big shout out to Bob for his piece on testing the fuel sender. We got that dialed in and ready to put the tank back in. Thanks Bob!!
http://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/showthread.php?10368-Fuel-Sending-Unit

I hope to be back in a couple months. thanks for following my post. This site and all the great folks that contribute really have helped us with our project. I hope to contribute knowledge like that as well in the future.

Attachments

• RR%2029.jpg
    RR%2029.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2032.jpg
    RR%2032.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2031.jpg
    RR%2031.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2033.jpg
    RR%2033.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2030.jpg
    RR%2030.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Nice project! The car looks to be in great shape! Are you going to keep the steel hood on it with the 440? I have had RoadRunners with every motor and trans combo you can get and my favorite car to get in and drive were my 383 cars. The 440-6 is more powerful but I never actually drove it much except in short, straight lines! Have fun!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looking good Kelly. Are you going to the Mopar show at UTI in Avondale in March ?

69rr4406p

Reaction score
Nice project! The car looks to be in great shape! Are you going to keep the steel hood on it with the 440? I have had RoadRunners with every motor and trans combo you can get and my favorite car to get in and drive were my 383 cars. The 440-6 is more powerful but I never actually drove it much except in short, straight lines! Have fun!

We have a fiberglass 6-pack hood.

69rr4406p

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I was up at dads for a short couple of days this past weekend. I think we spent more time BS'ing and drinking beer than actually working on the car, which can be fun in itself.

RR%2035.jpg
New Springs. It took forever to get the nuts off of the ubolts, my hands are still sore. I should of just torched them off.

RR%2036.jpg
Heavy duty. This is the passenger side. The new springs have 2 additional springs over stock.

RR%2038.jpg
opps, short a couple pairs of bushings. Closest auto store, 2 hours away, and they are closed. Doh!

RR%2039.jpg
New shocks going in. These are the front and I swear the old ones are original. I had to drop the sway bar out of the way to get to the bolts to get them out. New ones going in the rear to.

Great weekend, not as much done as I hoped, but still a blast working on the bird.

Attachments

• RR%2035.jpg
    RR%2035.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2036.jpg
    RR%2036.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2039.jpg
    RR%2039.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • RR%2038.jpg
    RR%2038.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
working or BSing...you're spending time with Dad. all good. I lost my Uncle a couple of weeks ago very suddenly, and Jim was more like a brother. so enjoy the timw even if you don't touch a wrench.
yeah, I cut the u bolts off, saves a lot of work.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Baby steps. My daughter was in town and we got the rotating assembly into her 440.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Baby steps. My daughter was in town and we got the rotating assembly into her 440.

That's great Bob, but I wonder what other non car people would think when a Dad says he spent quality time with his daughter rebuilding an engine!!!! It's something you don't see or hear too often. Kind of like when I pulled into a Penske truck shop in New Hampshire for fuel and there is an attractive early 20 something young lady there fueling up a truck in front of me.

69rr4406p

Reaction score
So, some more parts came in that allowed us to move along on a few things. One thing that we are learning is that sometimes you need a simple part in order to complete other items. Case in point, were waiting for the center dash speaker to come in, so I could replace the radio, then the heater box. We are still having a great time and are getting excited to when it will be on the road. Probably another year or so with my work schedule.

RR%2040.jpg
The radio redone, minus the spider that had shared the space for so many years.

RR%2041.jpg
In with the new speaker, in with the radio, now working on getting the heater box back in place.

RR%2042.jpg
I almost get it in place, but its not quite there. I need something to hold it just right. Nothing in reach. Put on the ol thinking cap and my shoe came in handy in a pinch.

RR%2043.jpg
New U Bolts came in, buttoning everything in the rear.

RR%2044.jpg
Bob, you would be proud. In it went!

Great visit. I'm looking forward to getting the fuel lines and electric pump in place and engine bay ready to drop the motor.

More to come

Back