• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Cruising Tunes

mcmopar

Reaction score
What do you guys like to listen to when cruising in your road runners? Me, I like the vintage stuff from '67 to the mid-late '70's. My personal favorite group to listen to while in the road runner is CCR. There's just nothing like a little Green River, Born On The Bayou, Up Around The Bend, Run Through The Jungle and Sweet Hitchhiker to make you want to put the pedal down! Other extreme favorites of mine are Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who, Highway Star by Deep Purple and Rockin' Down The Highway by the Doobie Brothers. There are lots of others, of course, but that's enough from me until later.
What about it guys? :banana:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, in no particular order:

"Road Noise" by The Asphalt

"Astro Ventilation in C Minor" by The Vent Windows

"Coarse Cut Gear Whine" by New Process

"Exhaust Tones" By Walker and his Fabulous Hemi Muffler Orchestra

and of course, "W.O.T." by Stuck Throttle and the I think I Sh*t My Pants Band

Radio Delete...nuthin' but me and Bambi's own noises goin' down the road... :banana: :drive: :banana:

The lil Gold Duster has a nice sound system in it. I usually keep Bob Seger's newest "Face the Promise", "Metallica" - their Black Album, Ted Nugent's "Spirit of the Wild", and the "Best of The Outlaws" CDs on board. Nothing like a little bit of "Fred Bear" or "Green Grass and High Tides" to perfectly compliment the driving experience... Metallica is great if you're in the mood to get that next, ever-elusive speeding ticket... :lmao:

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well as usual, I don't have a radio, so I enjoy listening to the Mopar Stero.
But I like a little bit of everything(except rap and hip hop)
i have cds with Glenn Miller,Conway Twitty,Clint Black,The Eagles,and CCR.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Metallica black :thumbsup: I like from the 50s on up to today, not much for country and no rap or hip hop!

sam z

Reaction score
A lot of stuff when it was only a "fast used car" during the 70's.
I think that music is period appropriate.

ELO, KISS, The Who, Etc. I got lucky (or unlucky, depending on
your view). The guy who sold it to me put a decent CD player
in it so I rock out when driving. I personally don't have a big need to
have a car that is 100% Chrysler correct so I enjoy the CD player.

Hip Hop and "Clinton Generation" music will not be played in the
car. Ever.

CWR

Reaction score
I looked up the top 75 tunes of 1969 ............downloaded them .........made an Mp3 CD and I just let it play

I also like the old Country western stuff..............like the 50's and 60's After all I was a teen in the 60's!!!!!!!!!!!! :drive:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
BORN TO BE WILD.......STEPPENWOLF

ANY LED ZEPPELIN

ANY PINK FLOYD

AND ALSO THE RUMBLING ROAR OF A TIRE BOILING 572 HEMI

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yeah - forgot about Steppenwolf. Born To Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride, Who Needs Ya, Ride With Me Baby, Fat Jack, Hippo Stomp, Sookie Sookie, are great stuff. Of all their albums, Steppenwolf 7 is their best IMO.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
mac said:
anything pink floyd
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: floyd and rush

Rush. :thumbsup:

Neil Peart is to percussion as Tom Hoover is to the V8 engine... 'Nuff said.

One of my college buddies had for a time played drums professionally in a band called "The Jets". Their lead singer was Mickey Thomas of "Starship" fame. Peart was his "barometer" for determining anyone's percussion knowledge. If you acknowledged Peart as the greatest rock drummer of all time (most really good drummers played jazz after all...) he'd talk music with you; put anyone else at the top of the list and he would summarily dismiss you... :D

:jester:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Any Rock I can find on 8-track, period correct is the way to go, I love the ratty sound of an 8-track player in an old Mopar with old music. (although I made a white zombie 8-track once as a mad scientist project) I get enough refined modern stuff in my everyday car.

Back