• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faxon Plymouth Chassis Assembly Manual

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Let's kick this off..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150293822674

I just received their chassis manual. Like their other stuff, this is a reprint of an original factory manual. In this case, its a copy of the manual used by the factory as an assembly guide. That's something the GM guys have had for years and the answer was always "I never heard of one" when someone asked about a Mopar assembly manual.

For $24 and a couple bucks shipping, its not bad. The pages are as described with details of assemblies and bolt torques. As they say in their ad, some of the pages aren't real crisp copies, but they all seem readable. The info there can be invaluable. One thing I don't like is that Faxon has chosen to put a "shadow" of their logo on every page. I know that was done to keep people from copying the pages and reselling them, but IMHO, it makes the pictures a little harder to see and kinda cheapens the whole thing.

Still.... I would buy another and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but I think Faxon could have been more creative and not compromised the quality.

I also bought their copy of the 69 Service Manual on CD. I have a real service manual that I've had for years. It looks like I've really used it too, its not something to bring out and put in the trunk at the car show. I thought it might be good to have a copy on the old 'puter that I can print out just the page I want and take it out to the garage. That looks great and while it has a Mopar logo on some of the pages, its as easy to read as the real deal.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I also have my manual on CD, it also has a part numbers section. LIke John said, it is easier to print out only the pages you need and not dirty up the pages of a book. The only drawback might be is that when something unexpected comes up while working a your car and you need the book. You then of course would have to go to the computer and find the section you need. So instead of getting the book dirty, you get the computer dirty!

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to pick one of these up! I have a repop manual I use when working on the car, but I wouldn't mind getting the CD version for home.

I REALLY need a manual for the Scamp. All I have is a crappy Chiltons and it's COVERED in grease, warped and the pages are falling out, lol.

Big John

Reaction score
One guy I'll really recommend for any original literature is Walter Miller in Syracuse. http://www.autolit.com/

I've met him and been in his place a couple times. He has all kinds of stuff and even has a automobile memorabilia museum that I keep meaning to go to. One of my old friends works on his collection of old cars. Here's a Fiat he just had imported in my friends shop.

2008_0611Stuff0002.jpg

He also has an English taxi and all kinds of different old cars that he drives all over the place.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well $25 beats the snot outta $75 for a reprint of the factory book. how does this one compare for details, etc?

Big John

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well $25 beats the snot outta $75 for a reprint of the factory book. how does this one compare for details, etc?

The Service manual on CD is just as complete as the factory service manual.

I'll admit it though.. I like books that I can feel and touch much better.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, I'd rather look at a book too. a book doesn't crash right in the middle of something.

Dear Santa.........

Back