• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FCA Historical Build Records

jaxrunner1968

Reaction score
This service can provide build sheet for Mopars built between 1930-1967 for a fee. I have heard of people requesting 1968-1969 and sometimes they get back the information. I have a 68 RR and might give it a try, anyone out there ever used this service? Thanks, JR

www.fcanorthamerica.com

:flag:

Ranger

Reaction score
I find it difficult to comprehend that they can locate and provide build card info on cars from 1946-1967, but after '67 is unavailable. :huh: If anything, I would have expected the opposite to be true.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it difficult to comprehend that they can locate and provide build card info on cars from 1946-1967, but after '67 is unavailable. :huh: If anything, I would have expected the opposite to be true.

Records were - lost in a fire/swept away in a flood/abducted by aliens/stored on microfiche that can only be read by NASA/insert your incredible and or unbelievable story here - for all of the '68 and later cars. Lot of urban myths out there as to what may have happened. Regardless, they are unavailable.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I think this is just a new name for the original Chrysler Historical society. I sent to them for info on both my '64 Barracuda, now sold, and my "65 Formula S. They sent me a copy of the original computer build tab card, with the codes on them. They also sent an explanation of what the codes were.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is just a new name for the original Chrysler Historical society.

Clearly. But the minute that they start associating fix it again tony with my/our classic MoPars then they have crossed a line that they will NEVER understand and I will rant and rave every time the subject comes up because that is my prerogative and because it pisses me the f**k off... It's no different than when AMF bought Harley-Davidson or any of a thousand other ill-conceived corporate mergers or acquisitions. Just because it happened doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean that the loyal followers or customers of those brands or companies have to embrace it. Putting a turd in the punch bowl does not somehow change the turd into something else, and it damn sure does not do anything the enhance the flavor of the punch.
:soap: :soap: :soap:

Yes, I do feel better now...
:jester:

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Its too bad we can't get any docs from 68 on. Would have been nice to get real original docs.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm fortunate the original owner save all of mine. Punch card, six way seat instructions, dealer window sticker, owners manual, I found the broadcast sheet under the drivers seat his check to the dealer and this from the paint shop under the carpet

roadrunner restoration 010.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Clearly. But the minute that they start associating fix it again tony with my/our classic MoPars then they have crossed a line that they will NEVER understand and I will rant and rave every time the subject comes up because that is my prerogative and because it pisses me the f**k off... It's no different than when AMF bought Harley-Davidson or any of a thousand other ill-conceived corporate mergers or acquisitions. Just because it happened doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean that the loyal followers or customers of those brands or companies have to embrace it. Putting a turd in the punch bowl does not somehow change the turd into something else, and it damn sure does not do anything the enhance the flavor of the punch.
:soap: :soap: :soap:

Yes, I do feel better now...
:jester:
Sorry Ray, I didn't mean to get you wound up as I know how you feel about it. I meant that comment for any of the other guys who may not have known that Chrysler has had that info available before the F word company took over. If it means anything to ya Ray I don't even use that F word when talking about Chrysler. I also wish info was available for the '68 and later cars as I have no history or paperwork for my Bird.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when I worked at the IH dealer, we got the same line about info on the same year trucks...lost in a fire.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pic looks more like a four door '67 'bu...........

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
don't get yer painties in a bunch...that broadside was clearly aimed westward......:acme::jester:

Back