• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender antenna cut out?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
So I just picked up a antenna kit to replace the made in China special that was on my car when I got it. I pulled off the old antenna expecting to find a hole with two small cut outs one, twards the front of the car, and one to the rear based on the shape of the bezel and the hole in the gasket. The whole in my fender which I had assumed to be original (who knows) has only one small cut out and its on the passanger side of the hole, nevermind the hole is prob 1/8" undersided in dia. as compared to the bezel. Im trying to find out of this bezel is way off, or if my fender is. There is no indication that the hole in the fender was ever modifed or filled in. Any one out there have a pic of their fender without the antenna installed?

The pic here shows the hole in the fender, and gasket is layed next to it in the orentation that I assumed it would be in.

Thanks....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
So I just picked up a antenna kit to replace the made in China special that was on my car when I got it. I pulled off the old antenna expecting to find a hole with two small cut outs one, twards the front of the car, and one to the rear based on the shape of the bezel and the hole in the gasket. The whole in my fender which I had assumed to be original (who knows) has only one small cut out and its on the passanger side of the hole, nevermind the hole is prob 1/8" undersided in dia. as compared to the bezel. Im trying to find out of this bezel is way off, or if my fender is. There is no indication that the hole in the fender was ever modifed or filled in. Any one out there have a pic of their fender without the antenna installed?

The pic here shows the hole in the fender, and gasket is layed next to it in the orentation that I assumed it would be in.

Thanks....
The hole should be the same as the gasket. This pic is from my Valiant which was radio delete but some one managed to get the hole pretty close to correct.

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Thanks guys, Looks like I have some filing to do, I dont trust trying to open it up on a painted fender with a die grinder or similar......

Back