• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag Questions

redchas

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am the proud new owner of RM23H9E111338. The car has a few options that are not listed on the fender tag. These include the factory tachometer, front and rear bumper guards and premium woodgrain steering wheel. Is it common for these cars to not have all options listed on the tag? Also, my fender tag has an additional metal strip painted body color attached to it with some type of symbol punched through the metal. I do recall seeing some other Mopar someplace with a similar strip but with a different shape stamped through it. Any clue as to what this is all about? Thanks

Ranger

Reaction score
Rear bumper guards are listed as M83. http://www.mymopar.com/6971opcodes.htm

I don't see the other items listed, but they may be part of one of the "packages" or "groups".
The Tach may be part of A62 (Rallye Instrument Cluster Package).
Then again, all OP codes may not be listed. I noticed 2 drum brake codes. One for auto adjust and another for manual. My fender tag lists neither.

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
Please post pic of tag. There are guys here that can help you with all of those options pretty thoroughly.

A12

Reaction score
My '69 GTX "E" LA assembly plant fender tag shows the tach as N85 on the second line from the top left side. I have the wood grain steering wheel too but that is not listed on the fender tag.

Ranger

Reaction score
Ahh, N85. I totally missed that and even read through them 2 or 3 times. :facepalm:

Kaniela

Reaction score
Code B51 is listed on my fender tag. The online decoders I have used say this stands for power brakes. My car has factory power DISC brakes. Should it not also have a B41 code for the discs? I did see a discussion on one of the E-body forums that indicated confusion twixt B51 and B41. The discs definitely came on my car from the factory. All the right stuff is there (proportioning valve, etc.) and none of it has ever been mucked with.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That would be an inspection tag included with the fender tag. Some got the strip punched some had the tag punched and some had no punch at all.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice car. Post I photo of the fender tag. What rear does it have? Some of those things only show up on the broadcast sheet. Most RR's had a broadcast sheet stuck in the springs under the rear seat bottom but after all these years, many cars are now separated from their broadcast sheets for one reason or another.

A12

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice car. Post I photo of the fender tag. What rear does it have? Some of those things only show up on the broadcast sheet. Most RR's had a broadcast sheet stuck in the springs under the rear seat bottom but after all these years, many cars are now separated from their broadcast sheets for one reason or another.

John it's very rare to find a broadcast sheet in a LA ("E") assembly plant car for some reason?.....maybe an eco "save and recycle paper" thing? CA was the first place with all of this EPA crap and EVAP and the no un-silenced air filter cover or exhaust tips. Just saying.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
John it's very rare to find a broadcast sheet in a LA ("E") assembly plant car for some reason?.....maybe an eco "save and recycle paper" thing? CA was the first place with all of this EPA crap and EVAP and the no un-silenced air filter cover or exhaust tips. Just saying.
Makes sense. I'm glad mine is a Lynch Road car and I have a broadcast sheet! I thought the Roadrunners/GTX's still came with the insilenced air cleaner in CA?

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
No Rallye Dash in 69 RR's. Tac would be denoted on the Build Sheet.

Rear bumper guards are listed as M83. http://www.mymopar.com/6971opcodes.htm

I don't see the other items listed, but they may be part of one of the "packages" or "groups".
The Tach may be part of A62 (Rallye Instrument Cluster Package).
Then again, all OP codes may not be listed. I noticed 2 drum brake codes. One for auto adjust and another for manual. My fender tag lists neither.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
That is an early VIN number! It would be nice to see a photo of the tag. It should have N85 for the rack but I believe B51 is OK for power disc brakes

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are posting on a thread that has been dead for almost a year... Jus sayin'...

RonLiv

Reaction score
OK I know this thread has been dead since 2016 when it was noted the thread has been dead from 2015 but I have the same question. I have a in dash tachometer in my 69 Roadrunner but don't have code N85 on my fender tag. Nor do I have code J21 which is for the clock that goes in the same spot as the Tach.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll get a better answer if you post a pic of the FT. If your car is a Lynch Road car then THAT is probably the answer to your question. LR tags don't have a whole lot of info on them...

RonLiv

Reaction score
Above is my tag, not sure I know what a Lynch Road car is, apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge here

quikbird

Reaction score
Lynch road is one of the factories that built roadrunners. There were differences between the factories and how they did things

72RR440

Reaction score
I'm new here also but I think this is your FT codes

RM27:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
Medium, Road Runner
Convertible

H9G: 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

300867: Sequence number

E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission