• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag Questions

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Something like the tach would most likely be found on the broadcast sheet

RonLiv

Reaction score
Lynch road is one of the factories that built roadrunners. There were differences between the factories and how they did things

Hey thanks I did not know that, but it makes sense that especially back in the 60's things were not uniform between plants. My car was born in St Louis and they had an odd habit there of stamping the Fender Tag with some random letter or number. At least no one seems to know what it's purpose was. If you look at my tag you'll see an "H" stamped into it. I got this from Wes Eisenschenk's book "1969 Plymouth Roadrunner". Pretty good resource and interesting all specific to the 69 Roadrunner.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I'm new here also but I think this is your FT codes

RM27:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
Medium, Road Runner
Convertible

H9G: 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

300867: Sequence number

E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
B7: Medium Blue Metallic Exterior Color
M6C: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Vinyl Bucket Seats, White/Blue
B7: Medium Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
627: Build Date: June 27
396244: Order number

C21: Unknown Top Color
C55: Bucket Seats
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M31: Belt Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V7B: Accent Stripes, Light Blue

Y16: Sales Bank
END: End of Sales Codes

Thanks man! I pretty much have already done this and my research matches what you've come up with. So that makes me feel good I did it correctly. I was curious about the N85 (tach) code not being on the car, but neither was the J21 (clock). I thought you had one or the other. It's probably a Broadcast Sheet item. Or the person who had the car prior to me put a different dash in, which I doubt given how poorly the thing was restored before I got it. Wouldn't make sense to add a Tach and leave so much else in the car a mess.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Something like the tach would most likely be found on the broadcast sheet

I agree now that I've gotten into this. I'd like to see if there are any Fender Tags with the N85 code on them. I think it was a fairly common part to the car. As I understand you either had the clock J21 or the tachometer N85.

Back