• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fiberglass hood

dbc105

Reaction score
I bought an Edelbrock 2186 a few weeks ago from a guy in Shreveport that was from Austin, Tx. where he used to own a repair shop. He told me there was a brand new fiberglass hood in his old shop that he figured the current owner would sell. I was going to be in Austin the next week so I went by and checked it out and the hood is there. I could not find a good way to get it home to Alabama or I would have bought it. Had it been a '68 model rather than a '69 model I would have bought it anyway and paid FedX. No matter, if anyone is interested in the hood and is in the Austin area the shop is Read's Auto Repair on the west side of Austin, about 15 miles out going out 290 on the right hand side of the road. I want to say it was like the Oak Hills area. Just so you know, the hood has been in this shop some 20 years and the label sticker from the manufacture is still on it. The owner of the shop said he would take $50 for the hood. If the guy asked, tell him you heard it from the Alabama guy that was in there a couple of weeks ago.

Hope someone can make use of it, sure seems like a good price for a new hood.

David
dbc105

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sounds like a steal......if its a 6 pack hood they only came on 69 1/2..but will fit 68-69...if its a flat hood they are the same hoods.....the only difference is the inserts which can be changed....68 screens face out on the sides and 69 face up

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:popcorn: wonder lf lts a 6 pak? shlpplng would kill lt for me anyway

dbc105

Reaction score
It's not a 6 Pack hood, it is a standard '69 Road Runner hood with the inlets turned up. I guess a person would mount a set of inlet grills on top of the humps. If it had been a '68(what my car is) I would have paid Fedex(about $150 from what I could tell online) to get it home but I didn't have any interest in putting a '69 hood on my car. If you follow this link to Unlimited Products: http://www.up22.com/road68.htm#PL-112 and look at hood PL-112, that is the hood. I don't know the man that owns it, talked to him the one, time just thought someone on this board might could make good use of it if they are located close enough to go get it. If no one here is interested I might put it on FBBO, to see if anyone can use it. I hate to know it is just sitting there at that price when so many of use are trying to get these cars back on the road. I know I am just finishing up building a hood for my '68 out of a '68 RR skin with a '68 Satellite frame under it.

DC

Back