• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got my A-body

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Looks great!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The body is rust free but is does have some bruises, and I'm going to attempt the body work this time. So far I see mini tubs, 4 speed since the pedal is there. I'm up in the air as far as engine maybe a stroked small block I don't really know yet. Part of me keep thinking what would Plymouth had done for an SS car if they had no Barracuda. But I don't know what it would look like with a hemi scoop on the hood :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Its about time!

Thats Ron Silvas Valiant. It has a crate motor in it but he is building a ridiculous small block for it, I think its going to be 472 inches. He used to have a Demon that was in a few mags with a 440 inch small block in it and ran 9's with 3.55 gears! He is local to me and I have seen his car a few times over here at Irwindale Raceway. His cars are always immaculate.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Its about time!

Thats Ron Silvas Valiant. It has a crate motor in it but he is building a ridiculous small block for it, I think its going to be 472 inches. He used to have a Demon that was in a few mags with a 440 inch small block in it and ran 9's with 3.55 gears! He is local to me and I have seen his car a few times over here at Irwindale Raceway. His cars are always immaculate.
It has a great look to it, I figured it probably runs as good as it looks :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob;

Congrats! I know that you've been looking for a while. That should get the job done - love those boxy little Valiants...okay, yeah, I just love A-bodies in general... :D

I really like the stroker small block concept - those cars just feel a lot better balanced on the street with a SB - but there's no arguing against a "nose-heavy" B/RB/Hemi either...says the guy who is still waiting to build his Blown Hemi Duster... :lol:

It will be fun to watch the plan develop. I have been playing with these things for a long time so don't hesitate to ask if I have a Valiant widget or thingamajig buried out in the toy box somewhere... :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
generaljmwlee said:
I have parts from a 68 valiant if you intrested

Your avatar is too distracting I can't read anything you post :drool:
Did he post something :lol: What kind of stuff do you have? :popcorn: For starters I'm going to need an 8 3/4 a-body diff, disc brakes and a 4 or 5 speed but that's big heavy stuff I can find around here I hope.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Ok ray he has the A-body now , we can move our master plan into action . :devil: :devil:

Shhhhhh... Let him finish the A-Bomb first... THEN we make our move... :devil:

:lmao:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Looks like you got a solid foundation Bob!
I look forward to reading about and seeing pictures of the process! :popcorn:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Could this be the start of another 79 page thread? :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
roadrunnerh said:
Could this be the start of another 79 page thread? :jester:
Somebody across the pond ran that thing up to 80 today :lol:

Back