• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got my RR!

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Delivered yesterday. I spent about an hour vacuuming about 50lbs worth of rats nests, sticks, nuts, twigs, etc out from the dash and glove box. Its still all crammed in there. Wiped some of the 30+ years worth of crud off the dash..got some color to come through on the dash. After being in storage for 30+ years, it runs and sounds great! Lots of work to do....

20130123_1539470.jpg

20130123_153733.jpg

20130123_153745.jpg

20130123_153600.jpg

20130123_153609.jpg

20130123_153815.jpg

20130123_153805.jpg

20130123_154058.jpg

20130123_160136.jpg

Trunk is in a little sad shape....trunk pan needs replacing as well as lower quarters.

20130123_160104.jpg

20130123_160104.jpg

20130123_160122.jpg

20130123_160324.jpg

20130123_160329.jpg

20130123_160359.jpg

20130123_153640.jpg

20130123_154400.jpg

20130123_154353.jpg

20130123_154032.jpg

20130123_132810.jpg

20130123_132825.jpg

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Yep lots of work to do but,the out come is what makes all the work fun. :thumbsup:

Looks like ya got a good car to start with. :yesnod:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nice start. Unusual the way some people ordered options, light package, A/C, auto, standard interior, bumperetts, thats only the second RR i have seen with bumperettes. You have a fender tag and some one slipped a dana 60 under it :thumbsup:

moparmarcus

Reaction score
As nice as these cars look when they are done, somehow there never quite as pretty as day 1 in your own driveway.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Hey guys...just curious how difficult it is to find a used passenger front window? The previous owner kept this RR is storage since 1982..but rolled it out for a few months in the early 90's. During the time it was sitting outside, some kids threw a rock through the front passenger window as well as the back glass. I have a lead on some back glass but was curious if it was difficult to find the front passenger glass?

Trying to find it used as it might look silly having brand new glass with older weathered glass. I plan on making this a decent driver so I'm going to keep some of that aged feel to it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
w8kbrder said:
Hey guys...just curious how difficult it is to find a used passenger front window? The previous owner kept this RR is storage since 1982..but rolled it out for a few months in the early 90's. During the time it was sitting outside, some kids threw a rock through the front passenger window as well as the back glass. I have a lead on some back glass but was curious if it was difficult to find the front passenger glass?

Trying to find it used as it might look silly having brand new glass with older weathered glass. I plan on making this a decent driver so I'm going to keep some of that aged feel to it.
Auto metal direct has it repopped or it can be had used.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Nice start. Unusual the way some people ordered options, light package, A/C, auto, standard interior, bumperetts, thats only the second RR i have seen with bumperettes. You have a fender tag and some one slipped a dana 60 under it :thumbsup:
:yeathat:

A/C and bumperettes...but no A87...pretty wild!

I recognize those seats... :D

DSC00107-medium.jpg

w8kbrder

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
:yeathat:

A/C and bumperettes...but no A87...pretty wild!

I recognize those seats... :D

Curious...what was part of the A87 code...I'm assuming thats the RR decor package?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
looks like you have a little project there.....but when she is all done shes going to be a beauty.....good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bobbyb

Reaction score
I like your pics of the engine compartment. Its dusty and dirty, but it looks like most everything is stil there. Nice find :thumbsup:

w8kbrder

Reaction score
bobbyb said:
I like your pics of the engine compartment. Its dusty and dirty, but it looks like most everything is stil there. Nice find :thumbsup:

Thanks! Only item that is missing is the A/C compressor and the condensor. I happen to have both from a previous parts car. Just glad it hasn't been hacked up! I think what saved it was that it had been sitting in an old warehouse since 1982 so it hasn't been passed between several owners. Whats funny is the previous owner boiled out the gas tank and radiator, put new plugs/coolant/oil, and it fired right up. No clicking or smoking. I did a compression check and all cylinders are fine. No oil on plugs, etc.

The fun part for me is wiping down the dirty stuff to reveal some old shine underneath. Kind of like the feel of digging up buried treasure!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
w8kbrder said:
Curious...what was part of the A87 code...I'm assuming thats the RR decor package?

You assume correctly!

Here's what you got with the RR Decor Package. Basically it upgraded the Belvedere interior up to Satellite standards and got you the stainless B-Pillar trim and chrome exhaust tips:

A87_option_Ply_Car_nd_Equip_page_1.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That looks like a great project. Is there any other rust issues other then the trunk? I'm sure it will look great when you get it done.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
swet! another post car. too bad you got one in a starter color and a girlymatic... :jester: :jester: :jester: (just a little site ball busting...) looks like a great find, have fun with it. There's a trend with the VW guys, find a car like that, do the mechinacials, and leave the rest as is. I'd do that, have some fun with it before you have to worry about chipping new paint.
there's a guiy on moparts.org, junkyardmaxie IIRC, from here in Ohio. He was selling B Body glass really cheap. If I didn't have mine in the paint shop I woulda grabbed some spares. shouldn't be hard to find cheap used glass.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
That looks like a great project. Is there any other rust issues other then the trunk? I'm sure it will look great when you get it done.

Nope. Only rust issues are the trunk pan and lower rear quarters. I do have some minor rust issues in the back passenger floorboard. Everything else is just surface spots.

Basketcase said:
swet! another post car. too bad you got one in a starter color and a girlymatic... :jester: :jester: :jester: (just a little site ball busting...) looks like a great find, have fun with it. There's a trend with the VW guys, find a car like that, do the mechinacials, and leave the rest as is. I'd do that, have some fun with it before you have to worry about chipping new paint.
there's a guiy on moparts.org, junkyardmaxie IIRC, from here in Ohio. He was selling B Body glass really cheap. If I didn't have mine in the paint shop I woulda grabbed some spares. shouldn't be hard to find cheap used glass.

I knew I would catch some flack regarding the color/column auto. But its hard enough finding a vintage Plymouth or Dodge in general...so at this point I'm glad I found what I did without having to pay out the wazoo. The thing I liked was that the motor/tranny ran fine, and the majority of the car was pretty solid and not completely eat up with rust. Also I liked that it had been sitting inside for the better part of 30 years....so less chance of someone hacking it apart and swapping things around over the years.

To be honest, I was going to get the bad metal taken care of (with new metal of course), then have my buddy that runs Maaco do their premium job on it...just so it looks decent for a few years. I would do all the prep work so that way I just have them spray. I plan on having it as a daily driver. Maybe down the road I would do a proper restore...but I just want it looking cosmetically decent just so I can drive it and not have to worry about taking it out of the garage.

Thanks for the tip on the glass. I'll look him up and see what he can do for me.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
get ahold of Jeff at 521 restorations.com
great guy. handles AMD stuff. gives really good discounts. He saved me over $300 when I got my stuff from him.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
w8kbrder said:
I knew I would catch some flack regarding the color/column auto.

Predictable bunch of RR Hoodlums... :lol:

Did you say you have the FT? 'Scuse me if I somehow missed it.

Looks like a primo project to me. :thumbsup:

Back