• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got some paint on the 69 A12 clone

hotrod98

Reaction score
This is the 69 Runner that I'm building for my brother-in-law. It was originally a 383 4-speed car. I replaced the trunk floor, tail panel, left quarter and dutchman panel. It's going to be black with black leather interior with a modified pistol grip, six pack hood, line lock and modern a/c. We're using 3" exhaust with the electric cutouts. The engine is a 70 440 HP six pack with NOS carbs that I've had forever. We were planning to add big brakes and billet Magnum 500's but he's decided to stay with the regular size front disc brakes, rear disc brakes and 15" magnum 500's for now and possibly switch later on. He went with 245/60R15's on front with 7" rims and 275/60R15's on back with 8" rims. Should be a great looking car when finished.
I've finished painting, wet sanding and buffing the body and plan to start assembling the suspension next week. I'll finish the interior and then paint the rest of the body parts after that. That way I don't have freshly painted parts lying all over the place while we assemble the rest of the car.
Here's a few pics. It's been raining every day and I haven't been able to pull it out of the booth to wash off the buffing compound. I'll add some more pics after I've pulled it out and cleaned it up.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lets see...what's the word I'm looking for......oh yeah...WOW!!!
and what time can I drop my car off.....

hotrod98

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.
I really hate painting black cars, yet I painted my Daytona clone black and I'm planning to paint my 70 Barracuda black. The bodies have to be rediculously straight to paint them black since they show every blemish.
The original plan was to paint the car hemi orange without the metallic. He really surprised me when he changed his mind. You just don't see very many black roadrunners...period. They are awesome looking but not very practical.
I'll post some more pics in a couple of weeks when we get the suspension in place and the car back on the ground.
First, I have to finish assembling the 67 hemi GTX. Man there's a bunch of trim on a GTX.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would love to have a black car if someone would keep it clean for me :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I would love to have a black car if someone would keep it clean for me :yesnod:
I've heard of people selling black cars because they got tired of trying to keep them clean!

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
Tell me about it. My Police car is black and I clean it all the freakin time. :devil:

droptop

Reaction score
I've heard of people selling black cars because they got tired of trying to keep them clean! :lol:

05 Magnum Black
01 Stratus RT Black
00 Prowler Black
97 SST truck Black
94 dullie truck Black
69 Road Runner Will be Black someday
66 300 Black

Does anyone see a pattern here? :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
I've heard of people selling black cars because they got tired of trying to keep them clean! :lol:

05 Magnum Black
01 Stratus RT Black
00 Prowler Black
97 SST truck Black
94 dullie truck Black
66 300 Black

Yeah, there does appear to be a pattern going here. :jester: I guess that's why I've hever had a black car of my own.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:

05 Magnum Black
01 Stratus RT Black
00 Prowler Black
97 SST truck Black
94 dullie truck Black
66 300 Black

You must be busy :lmao:

Back