• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got to drive it Happy Birthday

joewhite440

Reaction score
I got the exhaust on my Road Runner yesterday and drove it for a nice 15 mile test drive. I turned 55 today and it was the first time I ever drove a Hemi car. I only ever road in one other one and that was in 1979. It was a friend of my from Butler Pa who took me for a short ride in his original Black on Black 69 Road Runner with a 426 and an Automatic transmission. He later had the engine pulled for some reason and offered me the car for $3500. I still remember telling my wife that was to much money (HA Ha). I have owned many cars since but always remembered and dreamed of having a Hemi Road Runner. Though not original I now have it after all these years. It is a nice feeling knowing I have it in my garage on this my 55th birthday. I hope you all have a great day! I know I will!
Ps
Dave (Basketcase) that ride or drive is waiting for you!
Joe

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:yeathat: :thumbsup: Glad it all came together birthday boy. So how did you like it?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
great birthday present Joe!! I'm on daylight next weekend, maybe we can get together! No need to worry about the Beaver show this year since they cancelled it to pave the road!
and ah Joe........5193440-thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures.jpg.even if it is a Blue car......:acme::jester:

5193440-thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures.jpg

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
I got the exhaust on my Road Runner yesterday and drove it for a nice 15 mile test drive. I turned 55 today and it was the first time I ever drove a Hemi car. I only ever road in one other one and that was in 1979. It was a friend of my from Butler Pa who took me for a short ride in his original Black on Black 69 Road Runner with a 426 and an Automatic transmission. He later had the engine pulled for some reason and offered me the car for $3500. I still remember telling my wife that was to much money (HA Ha). I have owned many cars since but always remembered and dreamed of having a Hemi Road Runner. Though not original I now have it after all these years. It is a nice feeling knowing I have it in my garage on this my 55th birthday. I hope you all have a great day! I know I will!
Ps
Dave (Basketcase) that ride or drive is waiting for you!
Joe

Congrats & have fun, good to see some dreams do come true !!

MsBeep

Reaction score
Belated Happy Birthday to you and I agree it was a wonderful present! May you enjoy many Hemimongus moments and get some pics of the smile on your face:party:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and you were set with an air cleaner until you decided on the elephant! any ide where you're getting bumpers? I really like my AMDs.

peresvet24

Reaction score
how could I miss it:brickwall: Congrats Joe, it looks awesome:drool::thumbsup: and Happy Birthday! better late than never

joewhite440

Reaction score
I used AMD Bumpers on the Challenger and they were nice. I will decide this winter when my wallet recovers!!! Air Cleaner is going to be murder!
Thanks for all the nice wishes and compliments!

Back