• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally, The Ductwork !

V269

Reaction score
Thank's for all the kind words fellows. Took long enough to get it all together but it is expensive to do. I'm glad it is all finished. All the costly thing's are done to the car now so I don't know what's next.
Bob, I'm pretty sure I know what you mean and can only envy you for your big fat black valve covers. :eek: I wish !
I haven't drove the car with it yet but doubt it will see much HP gain. I think these were more of a image booster than anything. Not sure. It's not the greatest weather up here just now but may get it out one more time before it snow's. :facepalm: Will see.

V269

Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
That is very cool, is it simply cable actuated/ no vacccum? Can you feel a difference at WOT? 4 speed + air grabber= :thumbsup:
Yep, just a cable to open and close the door's. As far as wot goes, I'm not sure haven't tried it yet. It was nice last week here but I was away hunting and this week has not been that great weather wise. Maybe I'll get to take it for a cruise before bad weather set's in. :yesnod:

droptop

Reaction score
Looks good. Did you have any clearance problems with the single plane intake? What intake is it? There have been many questions about air grabbers with non original intakes. Did you use a 383 or 440 base plate?

V269

Reaction score
droptop said:
Looks good. Did you have any clearance problems with the single plane intake? What intake is it? There have been many questions about air grabbers with non original intakes. Did you use a 383 or 440 base plate?

Nope, didn't have any clearance issues at all. Intake is a Edelbrock Streetmaster dual plane I have had for year's. It work's very well on this engine with the 750DP Holley. I used a base plate for a 383 engine as well. The Streetmaster doesn't sit much higher than an original manifold so it worked out good. :yesnod:

droptop

Reaction score
V269 said:
droptop said:

Nope, didn't have any clearance issues at all. Intake is a Edelbrock Streetmaster dual plane I have had for year's. It work's very well on this engine with the 750DP Holley. I used a base plate for a 383 engine as well. The Streetmaster doesn't sit much higher than an original manifold so it worked out good. :yesnod:

Good to know for future reference.

Back