• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally

dussrwild

Reaction score
I got my 1st Road Runner in Nov. 1968. Nice little hemi 4spd post car with no options. Had a radio installed. Met a guy in my apartment complex who worked for Oldsmobile and ran a 55 Chevy d-gas who proceeded to teach a young kid what to do with that hemi. Went to Onadaga drag strip every saturday that summer of 69. Bought a pair of cheater slicks and a pair of Ford chromes to use. Spent each Friday night changing the plugs and dual points in the parking lot and running some Coke through it to clean it out. Then i got drafted and had to sell the car since i couldn't make the payment on Army pay. After my kids grew up i started looking for a new RR but found the prices in late 90's and 2000's were beyond my price range. But i kept saving up my money and in 2006 used it to buy a 1972 charger since i still couldn't afford a RR. It was a survior all original 318/727. I put a stoker kit in it along with some headers and its been a fine car to drive to the car show on Friday/Saturday night. But i retired this year and needed something more to do and started looking for a RR again. Finally found one, a hardtop survior out of Iowa-all matching numbers 383/727. Needs lots of work (i mentioned i was retired now) so i started taking it apart last week. Will send the body off for new paint (did i mention it has no rust-been garaged for the last 25years). The former owner did a repaint and said they couldn't find the orginal color so they painted it Toyota Orange Metallic, which was in all fairness close to the orginal T5 Bronze Metallic. Looking to re-do the interior myself. The engine will be off next week for a stoker kit and the trans will go for a rebuild/shift kit. The tires were dry rotted but the orginal 500's are in great shape. So if everything goes as planned (it always does right) i just might have it all back together before the snow flys and i put it away for the winter. Will upload some pictures of the project as it goes along. Have already taken several movies and 100's of pre dismantle so it goes back together perfectly. :beep: Glad to be here and its a great site.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dussrwild said:
anybody know how to get the wing vent off without damageing it?
The glass or the glass and surrounding metal or the whole frame from the door?

csuk9

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I'm excited to see the before, middle and finished pictures of you bird. Good luck with the renovation!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest! :cheers: That's a great story, and I hope the project goes as planned! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your cars.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
welcome from kansas oh no another Ohio guy :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

it's about time we get more Buckeyes here, Florida and California has more then their fair share.... :acme: :acme: :acme:
lets see some pics of that runner!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
fanning said:
Welcome from PA

welcome yourself Fanning! pop up to the intro sectiona nad tells us about you and yours. what part of Pa are you in?

Back