• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finaly !!!!

TOMRR

Reaction score
Well it looks like next week my 69 Roadrunner will be coming HOME. I have been fortunate to be able to work side by side with Len Forrest on some parts of the assembly !! I Have Learned A Lot !! I am sure of one thing I will Never ever go into the Auto Restoration Business !!!!!! And will never restore a car again !! Don't get me wrong the RR is looking Great !!!! I still have some assembly work when she comes home, Nothing I can't handle, or have done before on this car. It Has been a Labor of love for my Car for sure!!!! . The Pay Day will be when I turn that key and hear that HP440 Start I shift it into 1st gear and take it for its first drive with the Love of my life !!! :biggrin-new:

69convert

Reaction score
Good for you! But come on, don't quit on us I'm sure there is another one out there to be saved. You my need one with a 426

TOMRR

Reaction score
OH I am NOT Quitting !! This was a tougher restore then I thought , A lot of hidden damage to car after taken her apart !!!

Thanks for the Reply !!!

Last edited:

69convert

Reaction score
I understand completely, they were fast, got loose easy if you had a both "Big Boss 60's" spinning and not the best brakes so a lot of the Road Runners we had as kids got beat up. We don't have to talk about rust. Loved the 67 440 I had in a 68 RR 4spd

TOMRR

Reaction score
Will be putting the windshield in Monday and will be picking up the vent windows today, putting them in also Hope to bring her home late next week Picture coming !!!

pro-streeter

Reaction score
Are you replacing any of the glass? I am at the point of do I or not, had a piece break on me (Tinted).....Not sure if the reproduction stuff is any good. Hate to buy a replacement quarter glass and find the tint is different.

TOMRR

Reaction score
OH, It will be flat bedded home !!!! and only live 3 miles from where the work was down

TOMRR

Reaction score
Yes, Replaced the windshield and the back window The rest of the glass was in very good shape, Had to buy a new windshield Broke the one that was in car putting it back in What PITA !!! I have a Glass Guy coming to the shop Monday Has been putting in classic glass for over 30 years !!

droptop

Reaction score
Are you replacing any of the glass? I am at the point of do I or not, had a piece break on me (Tinted).....Not sure if the reproduction stuff is any good. Hate to buy a replacement quarter glass and find the tint is different.

If you only need one piece of glass, I would look for an original piece. The repo tinted glass looks bad when you look at it from an angle. It looks very wavy and I would avoid it if possible.:cents:

Back