• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

first ride in a '68

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
took a buddy up to Dobie's today so he could buy some parts from Steve. Got to go for a ride. That bird runs great! Woulda took some pics but Steve said something about no evidence in case his superiors might see it. And you know how some guys bring their work home, i thought the pat down was a bit much just to use the bathroom...... :eek:
and that 383 looks great!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
I just cant seem to stay out of trouble :D It sound as if all of the work paid off for Steve, did he pound it pretty hard :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="69hemibeep) did he pound it pretty hard :thumbsup:[/quote]

ya like I'm gonna answer that........

dobie

Reaction score
:lmao:

That's funny! I enjoyed seeing you guys! We did have a great time. Nah, I didn't get on her that hard. Actually, I'm glad I didn't. I crawled up underneath her last night to replace the idler arm before I get it realigned. In the process, found more problems, probably caused by the shop she was just in. For one, my back up light switch is broke, and I'm leaking tranny fluid out of it. The second, and worse, is that my inspection cover for the tranny was missing 2 bolts!!!! :brickwall: What the heck!!??

So far mechanically things are ok, but I'm really not happy with them!

But anyways, yesterday was a good time!

:thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing more fun than beating on them a little. Yesterday when I returned home from Germany I said hello to the wife, kids, and fur children...and then headed out to the garage to retrieve Bambi. Went for a short but thrill-filled ride. Ah, it's GOOD TO BE HOME... :lol:

Glad to hear you're enjoying your recent mods, Steve. :D

:jester:
ACME

Confederate1969

Reaction score
dobie said:
:lmao:

That's funny! I enjoyed seeing you guys! We did have a great time. Nah, I didn't get on her that hard. Actually, I'm glad I didn't. I crawled up underneath her last night to replace the idler arm before I get it realigned. In the process, found more problems, probably caused by the shop she was just in. For one, my back up light switch is broke, and I'm leaking tranny fluid out of it. The second, and worse, is that my inspection cover for the tranny was missing 2 bolts!!!! :brickwall: What the heck!!??

So far mechanically things are ok, but I'm really not happy with them!

But anyways, yesterday was a good time!

:thumbsup:

You can't trust anyone but yourself to do something right. The absolute only thing I'm letting anyone touch (because I have no choice) is the engine machining. Everything else, no matter how difficult, is mine to deal with.

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
Sounds like a good time. I fall in love with my RR all over again every time I get in it. :cheers:

Back