• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flasher help

Moparnut

Reaction score
I am in the process of sorting out problems with my project. The headlights work, highbeams work, running lights work, both turn signals work. The flashers are giving me troubles. When I turn the flasher switch on, only the front left bulb flashes! I changed the flasher under the dash next to the steering column. Is there a second relay? Anything else I should check? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Check the ground to the front turn signals by running a jumper wire to the bumper.

Moparnut

Reaction score
Big John said:
Check the ground to the front turn signals by running a jumper wire to the bumper.
I'll try, but the lights work fine with the turn signal switch and the headlight switch, so I wasn't thinking it was a bad ground. I bought a wiring schematic and it shows 2 flashers, so I'll try to locate the other one and replace it.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Moparnut said:
Big John said:
I'll try, but the lights work fine with the turn signal switch and the headlight switch, so I wasn't thinking it was a bad ground. I bought a wiring schematic and it shows 2 flashers, so I'll try to locate the other one and replace it.

Yep, there's two flashers. Both are under the dash.

That said, you are having the classic bad ground symptoms. What happens is the parking lights etc. will work because they get the ground feeding back through the other lights.

The front bumper is bad for this. The ground comes from the brackets mounting to the frame and if your car is either a little rusty or even if the brackets and frame are painted up nice, you won't get a good ground.

Moparnut

Reaction score
I got them fixed; tried a ground jumper, but no dice. I cleaned the connections at the switch and changed the relay and all is good. Thanks for the help!

andy69

Reaction score
now that where talking about flashers,mine only work when i turn the left indicator on....go figure :huh:

Back