• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For You A12 Guys....

dobie

Reaction score
Do you guys use some sort of prop rods for the hood while at a show or something? If so, are they available to buy? Or did you guys fabricate something?

Thanks!

:cheers:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i made the first set with conduit and a cheap hood pin set from summit. the second set that i currently use is made from stainless rod. very sturdy. also for my personal taste i had them made in 2 different lengths so the hood would be level with the roof line.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
been easier just to use the hinges and those light weight springs you lost. :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
The rods I made are not on my Runner but,the Dart and it should not make a difference.

I went to the hardware store and bought 1inch nylon rods.

Drilled the bottum hole to fit the hood pin and tappered the top of the rod 11/2 inch or so down to go thru my hole in the glass hood.

You can paint them the color of your car or what ever color you like.

I think I had less the a $10 into them.

Back