• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found an old book

rockdog2112

Reaction score
When I was 16, I worked in a gas station. I had my first 69 Roadrunner and a customer came in one day and gave me this. I've had if for almost 38 years now. Anyone familiar with it? It was by Mr. Motion. Pretty cool old book.
mopar.jpg

mopar.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've seen that, not sure if I've ever looked at one.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I had one.

I can't remember if it was an early Direct Connection catalog or some aftermarket companies.

Big John

Reaction score
Does it list Mopar type 7 digit part numbers with a "P" in front?

Big John

Reaction score
Chrysler also had their "Hustle Stuff" program before Direct Connection.

Or.... There was some early Mopar magazines out there too. Any names of the writers in there?

Big John

Reaction score
This is driving me a little nuts....

It's a long time ago, but I do remember that cover. It will come to me eventually....

Big John

Reaction score
Yep! I remember now!

Mr Motion was from Motion Performance speed shop in Long Island. They worked with Baldwin Chevy to build a lot of specialty cars. Motion "Phase III" or something like that. V-8 Vegas. Big block Corvettes... Stuff like that. Think "Mr Norms" only Chevys.

Motion did mostly Chevy stuff (like every other speed shop back then) but they did dabble in other makes too.

rockdog2112

Reaction score
Cool! I figured I'd find out something here. It's a pretty cool old book. Thanks!

Yep! I remember now!

Mr Motion was from Motion Performance speed shop in Long Island. They worked with Baldwin Chevy to build a lot of specialty cars. Motion "Phase III" or something like that. V-8 Vegas. Big block Corvettes... Stuff like that. Think "Mr Norms" only Chevys.

Motion did mostly Chevy stuff (like every other speed shop back then) but they did dabble in other makes too.

Back