• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found an old video

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sweet looking runner. send it up to me in the Spring, I'll get some miles on it for you.

chapdog105

Reaction score
200 miles? That's it??? You only live once, buddy!

I put 1200 miles on mine the first month it was finished.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
add this to it...we only have so many heartbeats, and the garage could burn down (been there on that one) and you will never have enjoyed the car.

A12

Reaction score
In a quick defense of John's (aka RoadRunnerJD) "only 200 miles" that's not the only A12 road runner that John has owned and he's put more than enough miles on the other including a bunch 1/4 of a mile at a time. John did an over the top resto on that one and put miles on it before that. I think he enjoys showing that A12 road runner now (always at the A12 reunions) as much as he enjoyed driving it before. John has a couple of other drivers so for sure he's enjoying many heartbeats with the cars and his wife too.

A12

Reaction score
I think this is RoadRunnerJD/John's A12 from back in the day :beep:

7589339-X9RM21M1_001.jpg

7589339-X9RM21M1_001.jpg

jays69bird

Reaction score
John restorations on these cars have been used as references for others,that is how good they are. While yes I see the point of a car is made to drive,you do more than put wear and tear on a car driving,you risk smashing it up. A lot of crazies on the road nowadays and you destroy an ultra rare car,that is a piece of history lost. I was a member of John's club back in the day,believe me he has driven his share of Runners. I have a friend that has a all original low mileage Fiero Pace Car, it is a trailer queen,he has a driver Fiero GT as well. The pace car is a time capsule of a brand new 1984,so I can see his point, even though to me it is just a Fiero.

droptop

Reaction score
Awesome sound from a VERY AWESOME CAR that you have John. Thanks for sharing. I have had the privilege of seeing this car in person, and it inspired me so much that I had to have one. It had to be a clone though, because I WILL drive the wheels off of mine.

Last edited:

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
I think this is RoadRunnerJD/John's A12 from back in the day :beep:

View attachment 8353
That's a photo from when I had the 65 race Hemi in it with the Doug Nash pro-shifted four speed and 4.88's. I owned the black one from 1972 - 1995 and did everything you could imagine in it...that too! My Platinum A12 only has 7680 miles on it and besides not wanting to run the miles up on it, it's not that much fun to drive unless you have the secondaries open! It's really too stressful to take it out on the street and I get plenty of enjoyment out of showing it for others to appreciate. It did run 12.80 @ 105 in 2012 at the Mid-Atlantic Mopar Classic in Maryland on the only time I ever took it down the track. It's not like I baby it or handle it with white cotton gloves or anything. My daily driver is a 2013 Charger R/T with super track pack and I really don't miss not driving the Road Runner.

Back