• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found another one, my old 70 Challenger, sent to Oz

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I have had some strange things happen around my car stuff.

I'll have to think about some of my cross country trips to get these money pits. I recall one that my copilot freaked out when he learned we had about 10-15K in cash laying on the seat the whole time and he didn't know it. I think that was more than he had ever seen at one time when I counted it out at the buyers place.

I know I made trips to New York, New Mexico, Atlanta and a few other places. Few to Michigan. And I used to work on the road so there was the big roadie to CA, all over the south, etc.

I know one good time was when my road work partner got accused of shop lifting a candy bar. We were on a new crew and the lead guy went off on the manager ***ch. Then I was told what happened and went back in to raise some hell. The lead guy was screaming into his phone in the main counter area to the BBB, I went to the back and kicked open a door(had one of those crappy thumb lock deals like in a house interior door) and chewed her out about that. Like we needed any 50 cent candy bar that bad, we made BANK on those jobs. BANK.

Lucky we didn't see the inside of a Louisana jail cell over that stunt. :eek: But I was a lot younger and had that devil may care attitude going on so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Back