• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found myself a great 69 Road Runner

Coyote

Reaction score
Oh my, magnificent ride! Enjoy it to the upmost!! It needs to “do” MOPAR Nats!! Then I can see it in person!

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Your Road Runner brings back some fond memories. I just wrapped up my 69 Road Runner project. Ivy green post car with black horizontal stripes and all black leather interior. Back in November of 1968 O decided I’d buy a Road Runner. I came close to buying a used 68 black Hemi car with low miles, but passed on it thinking it likely saw more race tracks than streets!! I have to say it was extremely quick off the line. I ended up opting for a new Ivy green 69 post car with a 383; 4-speed and two-tone green bench seat interior. Out the door including decor‘ package and tax and license came to $2979. It was my daily driver Monday - Friday and raced at the local drag strip on the weekend. Best time after extensive head work and a set of bolt-on Hooker Headers was 12.70. Stock was 14.00. Sold it when gas prices and insurance rates shot up. I always knew my final collector car would be almost a clone of that first Road Runner. The two photos are me and my original Road Runner and my current Road Runner

89E6AD26-712C-4668-A013-AAAA210D6028.jpeg

403BA4AC-DCF7-4C8B-B2AF-3AF53200CC8E.jpeg

clinks68

Clinks 68
Reaction score
Your Road Runner brings back some fond memories. I just wrapped up my 69 Road Runner project. Ivy green post car with black horizontal stripes and all black leather interior. Back in November of 1968 O decided I’d buy a Road Runner. I came close to buying a used 68 black Hemi car with low miles, but passed on it thinking it likely saw more race tracks than streets!! I have to say it was extremely quick off the line. I ended up opting for a new Ivy green 69 post car with a 383; 4-speed and two-tone green bench seat interior. Out the door including decor‘ package and tax and license came to $2979. It was my daily driver Monday - Friday and raced at the local drag strip on the weekend. Best time after extensive head work and a set of bolt-on Hooker Headers was 12.70. Stock was 14.00. Sold it when gas prices and insurance rates shot up. I always knew my final collector car would be almost a clone of that first Road Runner. The two photos are me and my original Road Runner and my current Road Runner

View attachment 36968

View attachment 36969
That’s a beauty. Looks so clean

Back