• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four Speed rebuild?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Big John said:
The union guys actually think there are other non skilled or semi skilled jobs out there making the same money.... They are in for rude awakening.

You've got that right. All these dummies refusing to make concessions is just plain stupid, if you ask me. I'm not in a union state (FL - right to work) but you'd have to be blind not to see that now is not the time to be inflexible. I've taken over a 45% pay cut since I got let go in April of 2008. Actually its probably more like 50%+ since I only get 32 hrs per week and work as a contract employee and have to pay my own taxes. Yeah, it sucks big time but at least I've got a job and can pay my bills since my wife landed a decent job. It just really chaps my hide when I see unions or anyone else being inflexible and not taking a hit like a lot of the rest of us. It also really irks me when the management of these companies (GM and Chrysler) is not taking pay cuts, takes the Gov't bail-out money and then decides to stick it to their dealers!
I know my rant won't change anything but we are taking the old "swirly swim" down the toilet in a big, big way.
There, I'm done hijacking the thread. Sorry 'bout that.

Amen, brother............

jays69bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
If you want someone else to rebuild it, I have a friend in Syracuse that has been doing them for years now. He's always at Carlisle and I'm not sure but I think he hits the Nats too.

In fact, I think he even worked at NPG for a while assembling them.
If I don't do it myself maybe I'll get his contact info from you,Syracuse is alot easier to drive to than trying to crate up and ship that tranny if I don't do it myself.

Back