Front caster wheel's and brace made

Body, Interior and Trim

1. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    So here is what took me two day's to make. It almost killed me to do this I hurt all over after done. Like I said have to roll the car forward to get enough room in the paint booth to do trunk lid and hood. Russ. Also a picture of my track chair Hard to get around my property now 5 and 1/2 acers. IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0106.JPG IMG_0107.JPG

Rich B, dmartin, RonLiv and 1 other person like this.
  2. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Interesting looking chair

Russ69Runner likes this.
  3. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    I live on the edge where it goes down slope 30 feet to the Kissimmee River which is 2 miles from my house. At one time this was a beach and it is mostly silica sand. Four wheel drives get stuck in this stuff. So needles to say a wheeled chair won't even make it around my yard. Russ.

4. dmartin

dmartin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Hey Russ did you put any cross braces on it would not want it to twist on you, my pastor’s son was killed last year when he was working on his four wheel drive by himself and it fell off the jack and one of his parents came home and found him pinned for a number of hours

Russ69Runner likes this.
  5. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    :( My thought's and prayer's go out to them. Man it can happen in a blink of an eye. No I will block the car again once moved forward I don't trust any thing on its own. Always have a back up. Thank you for the reminder Buddy. Russ.

6. Big Block

Big Block Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Hey Russ that is quite a chair it almost looks like a caterpillar tracks it should go about anywhere hopefully, sure did a good job on it!

Russ69Runner likes this.
  7. Rich B

Rich B Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Russ, you have great talent. I can only do a few things exceptional but your on a roll. Be wary around Silica, stopped using in sandblasters as guess it’s cancer causing and that was maybe 20 years ago?

Russ69Runner likes this.
  8. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    Silica poisoning happens when you get it into your lung's. This was a wide spread problem with air driven rig's in well drilling. The dust was not wet down and the driller's and helper's got this life threating medical problem and died. Yes you have to suit up. I bought the glass beads at harbor freight and it is still in the box. Had an uncle that worked in the neon sign trade and he died just from cutting the glass. They where not made to ware any breathing protection or had in closed air vacuum system. I used Aluminum Oxide. Wore hood and respirator also had fresh air moving in the booth from out side source. Russ.

Rich B likes this.