• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Seat

hillsglass

Reaction score
I need to rebuild the front bench seat on my roadrunner. Where can I get the foam rubber and burlap for the job.Thank's Chip

chapdog105

Reaction score
I started with cores, then rebuilt with allI new Legendary material...
They're in my basement waiting for a home. I can't wait to put them in my car!

IMG_20110628_145416.jpg

IMG_20110628_144814.jpg

IMG_20110628_144724.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys need to re-read his post. He is asking about a front bench seat... Completely different animal.

No one (that I know of) makes the pre-formed foam for benches. Further, the foam is only on the bottom part of the bench. The seat backs are filled with a cotton wadding (padding? - I don't know what you call it...) type of material.

I farmed this job out, in part because there is no turn-key solution and I didn't want my seats looking like crap because I didn't know how to correctly build these back up to factory standards.

Here's a before pic that clearly demonstrates what's on the inside.

DSC00028_800x600.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
You guys need to re-read his post. He is asking about a front bench seat... Completely different animal.

No one (that I know of) makes the pre-formed foam for benches. Further, the foam is only on the bottom part of the bench. The seat backs are filled with a cotton wadding (padding? - I don't know what you call it...) type of material.

I farmed this job out, in part because there is no turn-key solution and I didn't want my seats looking like crap because I didn't know how to correctly build these back up to factory standards.

As Gilda Radner would say "Never mind" :basketcase: Go to an upholstery shop

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

first seat i ever rebuilt was my bench in the 69 runner , still looks great 15 years later :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :jester: A-12 premadonna

BTW great to see that A-body picture gone :acme: :acme: :acme:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The seat shop was able to build my front bench a new pad from common padding. The Legendary cover looked great on top of that and was comfortable as can be..

V269

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
The seat shop was able to build my front bench a new pad from common padding. The Legendary cover looked great on top of that and was comfortable as can be..

X2. :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

As Gilda Radner would say "Never mind" :basketcase: Go to an upholstery shop
thats what i did.....wow and i was very happy with the results too......find a place and have them do it

Back