• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Stabilizer Bar

dbc105

Reaction score
can someone post pics of the way their front stabilizer bar is mounted to the cross member? I have a kit from Addaco for my Satellite but the brackets that hold the bushings on the front of the bar are vertical rather than horizontal and that leaves the bottom bolt tab sticking down below. I would like to mount the bar like the way a stock Road Runner is mounted but I have nothing to go by so I don't know exactly how the factory bars are mounted. Any pictures on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DC

moparchris

Reaction score
I found these online. The first one is correct for a 69 it passes in fron of the k frame. The 70 goes through the k frame. I had to get better pics online since I dont have any clear shots of mine.

q11-1211ae.jpg

375899369.jpg

dbc105

Reaction score
Thanks, that is a big help. Looks like there is a bracket that bolts or welds to the cross member that the bushing brackets bolt to. The second one looks to actually go through the crossmember.

DC

dbc105

Reaction score
MoparStuart, can you post some pics of the mounting brackets? and maybe a few s you are mounting them? Or just the front one, the rear bat looks to mount up out of the way.

Thanks,
DC

moparstuart

Reaction score
dbc105 said:
MoparStuart, can you post some pics of the mounting brackets? and maybe a few s you are mounting them? Or just the front one, the rear bat looks to mount up out of the way.

Thanks,
DC
mine is a 70 which is techically different but here is the box of hardware

sway bar DSCN0104-1.jpg

dbc105

Reaction score
yours goes through the cross member doesn't it? I found some pictures of a Hotchkiss and the bracket looks the same as what I have so I believe I see how it goes on now. I may have to drill a couple of holes in the cross member for the bracket but I think it is going to make for a clean installation.

Thanks,
DC

moparstuart

Reaction score
Got my car back saturday , had a new firm feel steer and gear box installed along with new 1 inch torsion bars and front and rear sway bars . Car drives like a new one. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: look how big and beefy the front bar is , no body roll or bounce any more

swayDSCN0193-1.jpg

swaybDSCN0200-1.jpg

swayb DSCN0195-1.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Got my car back saturday , had a new firm feel steer and gear box installed along with new 1 inch torsion bars and front and rear sway bars . Car drives like a new one. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: look how big and beefy the front bar is , no body roll or bounce any more

Looks good Stu. Now, did you get your steering box from Firm Feel, or Steer and Gear? I still haven't really made up my mind on who to get my new box from. I'm hearing good things about both places, but Steer and Gear is a bit less expensive. So which is it and how do you like it?

moparstuart

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
moparstuart said:

Looks good Stu. Now, did you get your steering box from Firm Feel, or Steer and Gear? I still haven't really made up my mind on who to get my new box from. I'm hearing good things about both places, but Steer and Gear is a bit less expensive. So which is it and how do you like it?
Its from steer & gear in ohio ( but its there firm feel II model ) its great no slack or slop anymore and then no ultra senistive over steer once it catches . Love it drive like a modern car . Steer and gear was fast and friendly and about 50- 75 bucks cheaper after core and shipping.

steer & gearP1011582.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Roadcuda said:
moparstuart said:

Its from steer & gear in ohio ( but its there firm feel II model ) its great no slack or slop anymore and then no ultra senistive over steer once it catches . Love it drive like a modern car . Steer and gear was fast and friendly and about 50- 75 bucks cheaper after core and shipping.

Thanks Stu, that's what I'm lookin' for. And I figured about the same savings as you mentioned. And I'm pretty sure that your 70' uses the same box as my '69 so what you said will help me decide what to do!!

Back