• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel cell sending unit problems

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
since i"ve started with this fuel cell the sender hasnt worked right......so i went with a auto meter gauge...73/12 ohm...so i pulled the sender and am getting o ohms on the sender with it hooked up power on no matter which way it is ,straight up and upside down....i take the positive side of wire reading off the unit and get .030 ohms key off.....key on i get 0 ohms...volts.. key on i get 4.56 volts..do you think the sender is bad and am i geting the right readings for ohms and volts on the wire going to the gauge??
..the sender is 9 1/2 inches long and jegs and summit has them but only 8 1/2 inches long....

is triangle fuel cells still in business?..just thinking if sender is shorter i am not going to get the right level reading.....the max length from top to bottom is 10 1/4

george68hemirr

Reaction score
this is really bs trying to find something to fit....still waiting for a email from isspro.....these are the guys that make the sending unit.....i would really hate to toss this fuel cell....really nice piece

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well i got the new sender and tested it before i installed it....it works..wow its going to be nice to know how much fuel is in the tank...now i can watch the gauge go down when i floor those 2 10.50 dominators...lol

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
well i got the new sender and tested it before i installed it....it works..wow its going
to be nice to know how much fuel is in the tank...now i can watch the gauge go down when i floor those 2 10.50 dominators...lol
There may come a time when you won't want to watch that gauge going down! :devil:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
george68hemirr said:
well i got the new sender and tested it before i installed it....it works..wow its going
to be nice to know how much fuel is in the tank...now i can watch the gauge go down when i floor those 2 10.50 dominators...lol
There may come a time when you won't want to watch that gauge going down! :devil:

thats whats going to make me puke,,,watching it go down.....but i didnt build it for gas mileage...just to go fffaaasssttt!!!

Back