• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel cell

coyotekiller

Reaction score
Well I tried installing a fuel cell in my car and when I drilled through my trunk there was no trunk. So now I have a trunk pan to do. Than I decided to install my engine. That did not not work out so good either. I got a new set of headers so I decided to install them on the engine while on the engine stand and check clearance for the starter. The starter did not fit. So I ordered a new mini starter. This weekend I will be working on the trunk pan. :hack: If the temp stays above freezing.

:snowball:

69B5

Reaction score
There always seems to be something that needs attention
Good luck Vinney

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
Well I tried installing a fuel cell in my car and when I drilled through my trunk there was no trunk. So now I have a trunk pan to do. Than I decided to install my engine. That did not not work out so good either. I got a new set of headers so I decided to install them on the engine while on the engine stand and check clearance for the starter. The starter did not fit. So I ordered a new mini starter. This weekend I will be working on the trunk pan. :hack: If the temp stays above freezing.

Take a ball peen hammer and tap on the frame rails under the trunk, it will help determine how solid they are, and look the trunk extensions to the quarters over there might be more surprises lurking. You are right about snow balling

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:

your just going to mount the fuel cell just to the trunk pan.....i welded in some square tubing between the frame rails and drilled holes and mounted to that . what headers did you buy???.....even with TTI headers you have to ball peen alittle to clearance the mini starter.....also had to grind the blow proff bellhousing for clearance on the passenger side
good luck....should be warming up soon :thumbsup:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
coyotekiller said:

Take a ball peen hammer and tap on the frame rails under the trunk, it will help determine how solid they are, and look the trunk extensions to the quarters over there might be more surprises lurking. You are right about snow balling

I cut out the trunk pan and the rails are solid thankfully

coyotekiller

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
coyotekiller said:

your just going to mount the fuel cell just to the trunk pan.....i welded in some square tubing between the frame rails and drilled holes and mounted to that . what headers did you buy???.....even with TTI headers you have to ball peen alittle to clearance the mini starter.....also had to grind the blow proff bellhousing for clearance on the passenger side

I like the idea of welding the square tubing between the rails I will do that. I do have the TTI step headers.
I got one of the starters that they recomended. I just hate hammering on new stuff but I know I will have to.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
spring is getting closer ....have to work fast.....turn the clocks ahead 1 hour sunday :cheers:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
we are going to have to take a loan out just to drive these bad boys this year for freakin gas :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I bet my truck while towing my car gets better mileage. It will be over $4.00 a gallon because its just about there now

george68hemirr

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I bet my truck while towing my car gets better mileage. It will be over $4.00 a gallon because its just about there now
for regular gas that is :brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I like the idea of welding the square tubing between the rails I will do that. I do have the TTI step headers.
I got one of the starters that they recomended. I just hate hammering on new stuff but I know I will have to.

Good call on the tubing. Get that bad boy up where it is supposed to be...

Maybe you'll get lucky on the headers and won't have any clearance issues since you're using a starter that they recommended... :cheers:

mcmopar

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
george68hemirr said:
coyotekiller said:

You shouldn't have to touch a thing with tti's and their recommended starter. I didn't.

moparchris

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:

Does your car have a cage or rollbar?

coyotekiller

Reaction score
moparchris said:
coyotekiller said:

Does your car have a cage or rollbar?

it does not have either yet but I will be installing a cage

Back