• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel guage not working

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
All of my guages are working except the fuel guage. I installed a new fuel tank and sending unit but still nothing. Any suggestions?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think you will find all kinds of good reading on the subject in the tech section

69383RR

Reaction score
Did you ever get your fuel gauge to work ? I replaced my tank and sending unit as well and the gauge didn't work either so like 4spd said I checked for lose wires and sure enough I found one , problem solved .

inri

Reaction score
Check the ground wire that is on the back of the tank

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Did you ever get your fuel gauge to work ? I replaced my tank and sending unit as well and the gauge didn't work either so like 4spd said I checked for lose wires and sure enough I found one , problem solved .

Yeah, mine was corrosion on the nuts that connect the gauge to the circuit board. I replaced the circuit board because the old one had a broken pin and bingo, working gauge.

Back