• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel in the tank problem's.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So as you guy's know I put 2 and 1/2 inch recurve spring's on the rear of my car. So it is up in the rear. Showing fuel in the tank when looking in. Getting air in the lines too the motor. Put fuel in and it work's fine. Know my fuel gage is not responding right. Did have to bend the pick up tube on my charger because it was doing the same thing. So have any of you had the same problem and what was the answer you came up with. Or do you have any suggestion's. Trying to get the bug's worked out. Had to put bigger jet's in my carb. Had hesitation when driving and shifting. Like it was saying feed me. Now pretty close after driving today. Got me some fuel boost made by STP. Maybe this will help. Any thought's are appreciated.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Russ the pick up is probable bent up as you think . the sock is a round one you might search fuel strainer with the size of the pick up tube and find a flat one that would fit.that would lay flat to the bottom. the gage not reading correct is due to the copper contact in the hafe moon rheostat you need to take apart and bend the copper contact to touch harder on the contact board .

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks V.R.D. Yea the vent tube to the tank was pouring fuel out after filling the tank full. The one that goes up to the shock tower. Put a piece of fuel line hose on it and got a vacuum valve and put on it. Really did not think that I had jacked up the rear of the car that much but guess so. Had these same issues when I put air shocks on my 73 charger back in the day. Working out the bug's now but at least I am driving it some.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Thanks V.R.D. Yea the vent tube to the tank was pouring fuel out after filling the tank full. The one that goes up to the shock tower. Put a piece of fuel line hose on it and got a vacuum valve and put on it. Really did not think that I had jacked up the rear of the car that much but guess so. Had these same issues when I put air shocks on my 73 charger back in the day. Working out the bug's now but at least I am driving it some.
i had put mine on wrong swapped them and no problem after.

Back