• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel line size

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I bought 5/16 stain less steel fuel line now wanting to get the fuel line clip's. Did I buy the rite size line. Hope I did. Waiting for response. Russ.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
383 cars used 5/16. I had a race car back in the day with a 950 cfm carb on it with 5/16 line and it never missed a beat. The multiple carb cars got 3/8 lines

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you now I don't have to worry about sending it back and getting something else. It is good to know that even the line would furnish a 950 cfm carb. I am only running a 650 cfm Holley. Russ.

Rich B

Reaction score
And that reminds me...... Changed filter one time on my ‘Lil Red. Those were a 360CID with mechanical pump and filter that was part of a lower loop. So in a rush, put filter in backwards. OK until at wide open throttle and the motor would die. Passing somebody and truck stops running, hmm. Had to brake and pull back over real quick. Then thought, did I put that in by the flow direction arrow??? Of coarse not. Motor would run fine at lower speeds.

Those put out a whopping 225 net HP. But were Corvette eaters in late ‘70’s. Always somebody worse. https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2013/...f-the-day-1979-dodge-lil-red-express-truck-2/

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I recently had a fuel filter on my Harley bought the clear plastic from O rallies the darn top where it was put together started to leak. What the heck I said must be the ethanol It eats up every thing. :thumbsup2:

Back