• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel line

5boys

Reaction score
Just dropped gas tank on chest, probably half tank of late 1980s gas, my question should i do anythang with fuel line, flush, blow air through.

earlyrides

Reaction score
maybe some new parts?

For how cheap it is now; maybe a new fuel line from fine lines is in order.
To that end; Quanta products also sells 3/8" sending units if you wanted to upsize to a 3/8 fuel line too. Be sure to buy the sending unit tool. you will be happy you did.
Quanta also makes an awesome reproduction tank if yours is rusty and dented like many of them are after 40+ years.
Good fuel from a clean tank through new fuel lines = happy motor.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if you're on a tight budjet, a $20 roll of brake line from the parts store makes a nice fuel line.

5boys

Reaction score
Pulled fuel line from avs to filter, from filter to pump, from pump to hard line by front fender, added new filter all new rubbers, blew air through hard line, had rag tied over other end, clean, added carb cleaner blew it through clean, added more blew a little, just to get it through, let it sit still clean, all seems good. Next me and my hospital swapped boy drained tank into can, it took 1 and a half 5gal to capture all that preethenol gas, it smelled up whole neighborhood, been there since late 1980's. The last gallon was all rust, globs of it, was going to use old gas for clean ups but it smells to bad. I reckon my 4 on the floor is getting a new tank. Never worked on carb before, reckon i'll see what happen at fire up to worry about that.

Back