• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Will the push lok type fuel line pass Tech?

Or is it NHRA approved I have the braided type now but have to reloctae fuel pump and if it will pass tech it will be easyier for me or can you make union connections in the braided?

The tracks I go to tech is not even close to the big tracks I just want tobe safe. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Bill

moparchris

Reaction score
abodybill said:
Will the push lok type fuel line pass Tech?

Or is it NHRA approved I have the braided type now but have to reloctae fuel pump and if it will pass tech it will be easyier for me or can you make union connections in the braided?

The tracks I go to tech is not even close to the big tracks I just want tobe safe. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Bill

Push lock is legal. The type of hose you use is what they are looking at. They want no more than 12 inches of rubber fuel line in the fuel system total. That is per the NHRA rule book. Remember that the fuel line cannot be exposed to any spinning parts, such as the driveshaft and flywheel, the line needs to be protected. Factory fuel line is exempt.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
OK,

Being that I have to relocate my elec. fuelpump can I use a union on the braided hose I have from the pump to the regulator?

Other wise I will have to run all new line from the rear of car to the front.

My braided fuel line is incased in the frame railes till it gets to the firewall them comes up to my regulator.

Thanks,
Bill

moparchris

Reaction score
Yes you can. I would use a bulk head fitting and put a-n fittings on your supply line. Hiding the fuel line in the frame rail is a good way to protect it, however they will bust you if the fuel line or regulator is on the fire wall (not protected from the flywheel). I know its clean to do it that way with a big block ( I assume you have a Big block A-body), It needs to be ahead of the fire wall when it comes out from the rail and have the regulator forward of the bell housing mounting surface.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Mine is a 340 small block and I have the regulator on the passenger inner fender 18" from the firewall and the fuel line comes up infront of the firewall but is held down on the inner fender.

not clamped onto the firewall if that makes a difference?

That's all my fittings are the an ones I even got the little holes in my fingers to show it.

Thanks,
Bill

Back