• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pressure problem returns

droptop

Reaction score
sam z said:
I'm reading this thread with a lot of interest.

My only question is why only Hemi and A12 cars? This seems like a
good idea for any car.

I believe it was on all 440 and 426 cars. My GTX has a return line to the tank. I always put the bigger feul line and return line on any big block.

sam z

Reaction score
Droptop - point well taken.

My fuel system might be getting an overhaul when the car is out of the paint shop. I think this would be a wise decision any way you look at it. My car has a '72 440 in it right now, and there is nothing wrong with a little preventive maintenance. I'm quite confident this arrangement is not on my car at the present time.

droptop

Reaction score
sam z said:

My fuel system might be getting an overhaul when the car is out of the paint shop. I think this would be a wise decision any way you look at it. My car has a '72 440 in it right now, and there is nothing wrong with a little preventive maintenance. I'm quite confident this arrangement is not on my car at the present time.

Even though the 383 is the "smaller" engine, I think it has close to the same fuel requirements of it's bigger brothers, and needs the upgraded fuel delivery added by the bigger fuel line and the vapor return line. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
sam z said:

Even though the 383 is the "smaller" engine, I think it has close to the same fuel requirements of it's bigger brothers, and needs the upgraded fuel delivery added by the bigger fuel line and the vapor return line. :cents:
Cost plus the gas was better! And you didn't get a filter all you got was a screen in the separator and the sock in the tank.

droptop

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Cost plus the gas was better! And you didn't get a filter all you got was a screen in the separator and the sock in the tank.

Use one of these....best of both worlds for today's so called gas.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
69hemibeep said:

Use one of these....best of both worlds for today's so called gas.
That's the same filter I use on my Jeeps :thumbsup:

69roadrunnerragtop

Reaction score
Just a follow up.
I drove my RR all over today and for a 45 minutes on the long island expressway in bumper to bumper traffic on my way to the Oyster Bay cruise night. 90+ temp outside the engine temp almost hit 200 in traffic but didnt. and i am glad to say for sure my 2 year long fuel pressure problem is definatly solved with this Purolator Fuel Filter, Part No. F20030 and return line. my fuel pressure varied 1/2 psi, mostly stayed at 6.5psi. normally in this type of driving conditions i would be a basket case worring if i was gonna stall out due no fuel. but not this time i was happy and relaxed driving my reliable roadrunner.
Thanks Again this site is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

droptop

Reaction score
:party: :cheers: Not bad considering that there is "something really disturbing about you guys" :lmao:

droptop

Reaction score
69roadrunnerragtop said:
droptop said:
:party: :cheers: Not bad considering that there is "something really disturbing about you guys" :lmao:
LOL funny wise guy HAHAHA
:acme: :acme: :acme:
I saw you pulling into Carlisle this year, but never saw you again to say hi. The droptop is still looking good.

69roadrunnerragtop

Reaction score
Well next year we defenatly gotta say hello.
droptop said:
69roadrunnerragtop said:
droptop said:
LOL funny wise guy HAHAHA
:acme: :acme: :acme:
I saw you pulling into Carlisle this year, but never saw you again to say hi. The droptop is still looking good.

JJRJR

Reaction score
69roadrunnerragtop said:
Just a follow up.
I drove my RR all over today and for a 45 minutes on the long island expressway in bumper to bumper traffic on my way to the Oyster Bay cruise night. 90+ temp outside the engine temp almost hit 200 in traffic but didnt. and i am glad to say for sure my 2 year long fuel pressure problem is definatly solved with this Purolator Fuel Filter, Part No. F20030 and return line. my fuel pressure varied 1/2 psi, mostly stayed at 6.5psi. normally in this type of driving conditions i would be a basket case worring if i was gonna stall out due no fuel. but not this time i was happy and relaxed driving my reliable roadrunner.
Thanks Again this site is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hello, my car is having the same problem. I want to use the solution you used with the vapor return line. I spoke to my tech about it and he's concerned with where you actually hook up the return at the tank? I told him I thought you could just cut a "T" into one of the vent tubes, but he said that liquid fuel would run out of the vent tube if we did it that way? Can you enlighten me as to where you connected your vapor return line at the tank? Maybe a picture? Do you get fuel leaking from vent tube? Does this solution still work on your car in hot days?

Thanks so much,

John

JJRJR

Reaction score
69roadrunnerragtop said:
Hey john,
when i get home tonight i will get under there and look and let you know which return i used

No worries, I got it all figured out. Ordered from Inline Tube and it turns out my pickup in the gas tank has an available nipple for a return line. Can't wait to see if this works. I can't figure out why all the sudden my fuel in the front sight glass has bubbles/boiling. Never did it before, but stranger things have happened.

John

Back