• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas - Accelerator Pedal placement on new floor pans?

Rocket

Reaction score
I tried searching this on the forums but the posts are old and the photos aren't showing up.

I replaced the original floor pans so I no longer have the original holes as a guide. Is there a measurement from the firewall or photos of original holes? I don't have the carpet in yet and driving without the pedal is precarious. Thanks!

John

Rocket

Reaction score
Sorry...It's a 1969 Road Runner . Any measurements that would help me locate the original position of the gas pedal...from the firewall to the holes and something from the side.

Ranger

Reaction score
OK, I measured 12" from the bottom edge of the gas pedal rod where it mounts to the firewall down to the left edge of the gas pedal where it meets the floor, and 15" from the inboard edge of the dimmer switch to the same point on the pedal (that was the straightest and flattest line I could get).

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks Ranger! I will be installing it this week. Appreciate that.

Ranger

Reaction score
I am going to be replacing my carpet soon. How is the pedal attached to the floor? Ball & sockets?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Studs on the pedal and two nuts under the car, well three when you get under there LOL

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
have no fear....we specialize in ball busting here......:D

Ranger

Reaction score
Just reread it and got the joke. Three when I get under the car is a given. When I said "I was afraid someone would say that", I was referring to being bolted in. Seems I'm spending more time under it than in it. Not to mention one of the bolts is bound to snap off.

quikbird

Reaction score
The life of a roadrunner owner. Prepare to continually become intimately acquainted with the underside of the car:cower:

Back