• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Gauge

TOMRR

Reaction score
I know my Dash Gauge is good but the tank has been out of the car for two years and the sending unit is about 4 years old and new tank. I put 15 gal. gas into tank and the gauge move just pass the E Mark. I check the ground and even ran a second ground wire. The power. Plug at the tank has Electric but it make my test light flash like a blinker. Any Ideas ???

Thanks Tom C.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
It may be the float as they're notorious for going bad. With it sitting as long as you mentioned, I'd start there... then the sending unit.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The plug at the tank isn't for power. It's to return the ground from the rheostat to the gauge.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would bench test any sending unit before installing it with an OHM meter. Its just to easy :yesnod:

wagonman

Reaction score
Hey Beep got a spec on the sender like how many Ohms at empty and full. Having the same issue with my gauge. It has a new tank and sender. I know the repop senders can have calibration issues. I can pull the sender wire and the gauge swings all the way to full and when grounded goes to empty.

moparchris

Reaction score
The sender should have battery voltage. Open the trunk and find the wire loom on the left side of the trunk. Its the green wire.

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Tom I'm having trouble with my gas gauge, one leg on the back is hot the other is not, the leg that is not hot I grounded it and it still doesn't work bought it new about a year ago from year one but after I put power to car nothing about it works the water and the voltage meter works not getting on the dark blue lead on the plug in back of cluster and only one of my bulb sockets have power to them can't get to the orange wire on top what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back