• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas prices and electric vehicles.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So do any of you think that fuel will come back down. Or is the end to the gas engine car's. Who want's to drive a car that dose not have a sound. Just asking. By pushing up the price of fuel now drive my car very little. What will all the drag race's do. Know Nasa car has an all electric race now. Half way they get into a different car and finish the race. Oh no. Guess I will have to build me a refinery in the back yard to have fuel.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Gas prices are the least of our problems food costs are just getting started and shortages are coming. I talked to a farmer who said what fertilizer he could get doubled in price. If they pass the voters bill which is a copy of the California cheating system, no gas prices will never come down. In an interveiw the prez was asked what could be done about gas prices he said he didn't know."C'om On Man" This is going to get political real fast so the topic will get moved.

Last edited:

nevada dan

Reaction score
I dont care how much it cost I'm still driving mine, and when I can't get gas anymore I'll build a still and convert them for alcohol , might drink it too

V.R.D

Reaction score
I dont care how much it cost I'm still driving mine, and when I can't get gas anymore I'll build a still and convert them for alcohol , might drink it too
i like your thinking but the alcohol needed to run an engine is 190 proof that will kill most people

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Like every ones thinking. Yea did not know weather to put this in the Politics section or not. LOL. Only problem with using alcohol is the car will not run very long on it due to no lubrication. So may have to switch to natural gas. Where would we mount the propane tank.

TOMRR

Reaction score
When it comes to the RR !! I am paying up !!! the pleasure it gives me out ways the worry !!!

535257_312572345475213_1170570014_n.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
With the power grid so strained and no new power plant's being built. You do have to have a 60-amp charger put in to charge that electric car. What with the price per kilowatt going up also. Have seen the cost of having it installed around 2000 dollars. Plus the cost of the charger. Most houses are on a 200-amp main braker. Here is what I think with my age I forget to plug in some of my electrical tools after using and charge the batterie's. So would I remember to plug in my electric vehicles probably not. LOL. :BangHead:

Jack R

Reaction score
Wife’s 2014 Toyota needs to go away. She wants an EV. I don’t, then the fight started. Not really.
Likely will be the RAV4 hybrid. Compromise and all.

I’ve heard about the farmer issue too. Not just fertilizer but all the animal feed and diesel fuel for the equipment eating up their working capital. Iowa buddy says only 2/3 of his crops even got planted compared to normal.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Engines don't get lubrication from fuel, so no issue with using alcohol. A diesel engine may use the fuel to lubricate some things, like a fuel pump.

When you own an EV, all you need to do is run a 50 amp circuit to the garage, or where you are going to charge it. You don't buy a "charger", it is contained in the car already. If someone pays $2000 for that, they are stupid. If you only have a 200 amp panel, you can still run the 50 amp line (if you space in your panel, the car will only draw electricity it detects is available, at least a Tesla will. It also can be programmed when to charge, like at 3am when you are not using a lot of electricity.

Not hearing the noise isn't a big deal when you push the go pedal and the car puts you back in the seat. Also, your periodic maintenance is WAY lower with an EV!

RonLiv

Reaction score
I have no issue with purchasing EV's, just don't preach to me that you're saving the planet, you're not.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Hopefully we can get someone in the White House who isn`t a fool to the bogus climate change agenda and get fuel prices lower. I still drive my old car and will continue to as long as I can but price does affect how much I drive it as I`m not rich and at ~ 10 mpg a tankfull doesn`t get me very far.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Here is the reality. Natural Gas, Coal & Oil provide 84% of the world's energy. Despite $5-Trillion in investment over the last 20 years in Green Energy, this is down only 2%.

Oil accounts for 97% of global transportation.

To get the same amount of energy produced by fossil fuels, mining will have to increase on a massive scale, over 1,000%. This is not speculation, it's physics.

Cobalt, Lithium, Graphite, Copper, Iron Ore, Silicon, Nickel, Chromium & Zinc.

Ev's are a poor solution

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I think the answer has to do with hydrogen. A true renewable and clean fuel source. Once they figure how to separate it from oxygen cheaply and efficiently, fossil fuels are done. It has been proven an internal engine running on hydrogen actually cleans the air. A dedicated hydrogen engine that can withstand the effects plus have a lot higher compression ratio, like a diesel, will make a lot of power in a small size. You can also make a fuel cell vehicle, similar to EVs that the hydrogen supplies the voltage to run the electric motor(s).

Electricity will always be needed too.

Back