• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gastona Intro

gastona

Reaction score
I own a 72 Road Runner 400 AT factory Lemon Twist with a dark green interior. I have owned it for the last 24 years, this is the only car I have held on through out the years. The car is in need of some work, planning on getting back on the road this summer. Looking forward to being on this site and seeing everyone's projects and completed restorations.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thank you! Here is a picture from 2013. The car is a 10 footer, but I absolutely love it!
View attachment 10655

10 footer is pretty close must be a nice car. I use to drive threw Albuquerque allot some years ago and there was a real good mexican restaurant in the old down town area, can't remember the name of it though.

gastona

Reaction score
10 footer is pretty close must be a nice car. I use to drive threw Albuquerque allot some years ago and there was a real good mexican restaurant in the old down town area, can't remember the name of it though.

Thanks for the kind words. Between work and raising a family I haven't had much time to work on it. The car was my everyday driver back in the 90's and then it got parked when I went back to school, then I got married and had a couple of kids.

The engine has about 30K on the rebuild, and the transmission has only 150 miles on it. I need to pull the engine and replace all the gaskets and rear main seal, it's leaking quite a bit of oil from sitting all these years. Although I have done some work to it during the last 15 years (interior, carb, fuel lines, and added the Rallye wheels), it's been somewhat neglected.

I also need to fix a mistake I made when replacing the headliner. I added Eastwood's thermo-coustic barrier under the headliner thinking that it would help with the heat and the noise, that was a huge mistake. Since I installed in it started to melt, now I have a tar like substance leaking through my headliner and all over my interior! I ordered a new headline from Legendary and it should be in a couple of weeks.

I want to bump it up on the list of priorities. Being on this site and FBBO helps me get motivated.

As far as the Mexican restaurants in old town, it could have been Little Anita's, Monica's El Portal, or Gardunos. We're pretty lucky here in Albuquerque when it comes to Mexican restaurants there are quite a few good ones.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your New Mexico style food is a touch warmer than our Sonoran, I like em both. I do keep a stock pile of Hatch chilies on hand.

gastona

Reaction score
Made myself hungry and went for a Mexican lunch :lol:

I made fajitas for dinner :biggrin: our conversation made me crave Mexican too.

I also read the Hemmings article about your Road Runner, great story and what an absolutely beautiful car! Its an inspiration.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I made fajitas for dinner :biggrin: our conversation made me crave Mexican too.

I also read the Hemmings article about your Road Runner, great story and what an absolutely beautiful car! Its an inspiration.

Thanks. Chili relleno is what I had, Fajardo's use to be Lili's cafe 1925-2011 owners passed away and the cooks reopened it

Last edited:
Back